Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been riding Arione's for a couple years and have started to have numbness issues. I've been trying a few different saddles and it seems the 132mm width is pretty ideal and I love the flat top for moving around on it. I would love an Arione with a cutout, but since that is not available, would the twin flex shell help the numbing issues?

On a related note - I noticed my oldest Arione has started to sag 3-4mm in the middle, could that be the cause of the numbess?

Thanks,

Zach

· Registered
3,866 Posts
Arione's do break down after awhile. Mine is starting to make clicking and popping noises. I've heard about some riders having the shell crack. I took mine off my bike and I have been riding the past couple of days with a S.I. Filte Gel (old model). My lower back has been stiff, I tried a couple of changes with my position, but it's not getting better. I just ordered another Arione. They work for me.

The Arione's have 'Wing Flex', the Aliante's have 'Twinflex'. No experience with the Aliante's. I think the Aliante is about one of the saddles I have not tried.

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dinosaur said:
The Arione's have 'Wing Flex', the Aliante's have 'Twinflex'. No experience with the Aliante's. I think the Aliante is about one of the saddles I have not tried.

Thanks for the reply - there is a model of Arione now with both Twin and Wing flex - I am hoping (praying?) that it will help out. I have been trying a Selle Italia Prolink Gel with cutout and have found it to be a bit too wide and I really dislike the 1 position nature of the saddle. I like to be able to slide around a bit on the saddle...

· Registered
3,866 Posts
Sorry, I can't help you there

Qstick333 said:
Thanks for the reply - there is a model of Arione now with both Twin and Wing flex - I am hoping (praying?) that it will help out. I have been trying a Selle Italia Prolink Gel with cutout and have found it to be a bit too wide and I really dislike the 1 position nature of the saddle. I like to be able to slide around a bit on the saddle...

I was unaware of the Arione with the Twin and Wingflex. I have never had problems with numbness. I do have hardware in my hip and femur and my saddle position is crucial.
Hope it works out..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.