Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Yep, that's Fred-wear.
Agree with you and Pitt, but, I Fred-out on the trainer. No idea of a brand. It was cheap and it works fine.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I Fred-out on the trainer.
If you have time to futz with a mobile device while riding the trainer, you probably are not using the trainer correctly. :D (note use of emoticon to impart humor) I find that While a bit more expensive, I am pretty happy with Plantronics Backbeat Fit Bluetooth headset paired with phone or ipod makes the trainer experience a bit more seamless.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
If you have time to futz with a mobile device while riding the trainer, you probably are not using the trainer correctly. :D (note use of emoticon to impart humor) I find that While a bit more expensive, I am pretty happy with Plantronics Backbeat Fit Bluetooth headset paired with phone or ipod makes the trainer experience a bit more seamless.
So, what do you do with an arm band then? It holds your phone and syncs with those headphones? It's better in some way? I use the ear pieces that go over your ears not in them, they are very comfotprtable, lean and super light. I usually just play a play list but sometimes I'll shuffle and I have to futz with my phone on a rest phase. Sometimes I can't and I'm stuck with a wrong song... Insult to injury on a hard interval!

·
Never Give Up!
1,241 Posts
Put in your jersey pocket... no need for any silly arm bands. If your concerned with moisture/sweat, put it in a zip lock sandwich bag...

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I am pretty happy with Plantronics Backbeat Fit Bluetooth headset paired with phone or ipod makes the trainer experience a bit more seamless.
I also wholeheartedly endorse the Backbeat Fit for trainer use. They are perfect wireless solution. Very light, comfortable, and are unaffected by sweat.

The armband never worked for me. For one thing, it's too hard to see the screen if I need to use the device. I just lay the phone on a small table that I keep within arms reach (along with my water bottle, towels, etc...).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts