Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not surprisingly, even his attorneys are asshats. looks like he's ramping up the "destroy frankie and his wife-o-meter" and throwing in some accusations of lying under oath to lemond while he's at it. like a cornered animal he is.... statement at <a href="http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/jun06/armstrongstatement3">cyclingnews</a>.

·
The Gimlet Eye
933 Posts
*Earth to blackhat*...all attorneys are asshats....it sorta goes with the territory.

But on to the content: Wow! It looks like everything the Lemonds testified about was disproved by Frankie himself. Nice.

Q. Now, you're aware that both Greg and Kathy LeMond testified that you told them that Mr. Armstrong had called your house in a panic because he was out of EPO, and he wanted some from Frank?
A. That was incorrect by the LeMonds. I don't know - how they got that.

Q. Are you aware that both LeMonds testified that you told them that you had witnessed Mr. Armstrong inject himself with performance-enhancing drugs?

A. No. That Lance told Frankie that.

Q. Well, are you aware that both of the LeMonds testified that you told them that?

A. No.

Q. If they did so testify, that would be a lie, wouldn't it?

A. That would be incorrect, yes.

Q. So it's your testimony that you never told either the - either of the LeMonds the two stories that I just mentioned; right?

A. Correct.

Q. And you didn't tell them that because that never happened?

A. Correct.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol

covenant said:
*Earth to blackhat*...all attorneys are asshats....it sorta goes with the territory.

But on to the content: Wow! It looks like everything the Lemonds testified about was disproved by Frankie himself. Nice.
yeah. I hope you're not assuming that everything in the "statement" is fact. There's alot of spinning and even more opinion there. More than a bit of francophobia too. remember, armstrong's already been caught out once this week lying about what frankie a's wife said, he and his attorneys haven't earned much credibility.

·
For president!
7,851 Posts
blackhat said:
yeah. I hope you're not assuming that everything in the "statement" is fact. There's alot of spinning and even more opinion there. More than a bit of francophobia too. remember, armstrong's already been caught out once this week lying about what frankie a's wife said, he and his attorneys haven't earned much credibility.
That and they keep saying that he won the case, so he must be clean. Velonews' report said pretty clearly that nothing in the contract stipulated he was dope free. So basically the suit was frivilous from the get go, but it doesn't prove much about doping, etc.

And why are they releasing confidential court documents? That was complaint number 1 when these allegations were first released. I guess LA thinks they are allowed if he's defending himself,

Silas

·
Registered
839 Posts
blackhat said:
yeah. ...Remember, armstrong's already been caught out once this week lying about what frankie a's wife said, he and his attorneys haven't earned much credibility.
I must have missed that - can you provide details?

·
Registered
169 Posts
childish

I find that release from Lance's dream team of lawyers to be a bit silly. This thing is getting out of hand. all that is happening is a bunch of meaningless finger pointing and conversations. Personally I think Lance does more to draw attention to these acusations than if he just handled it privately. This latest release of testimony, that should not be public, is along the lines of him rebuffing every ex team mate etc. upon thier departure. Lance was great on the bike, I just wish he would go away with all of this. Its amazing how defensive he is about the every little item, no class.

·
Registered
839 Posts
goose127 said:
...I just wish he would go away with all of this. Its amazing how defensive he is about the every little item, no class.
While I am no Lance-Fanboy, I thought that statement was soooo way off base. When every single sporting news source on the planet has headlines that read: "Lemond: Lance Threatened My Life" and "Armstrong admits to doping - per report", these do no constitute "little items". "I wish he would go away with all of this"? Don't you think he wishes the same thing? If every news source on the planet claimed you were a pedophile - would you not feel compelled to defend yourself? Particularly with Lance, as he has a very active and visible Foundation that he is part of. "No class"? What the hell?

Again, I'm not a fan of Lance. In fact, I'm not particularly a fan of the ProTour. I just like cycling (watching it on TV when I'm not actually riding). But the above statement was pure baseless bashing at it's finest.

·
Banned
3,317 Posts
I'm sure that the timing has nothing to do with the fact that France just handed Spain its ass on the pitch a couple days ago. Nothing at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.