Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3,254 Posts
Good news. He'll have no further excuses and because we know they'll stay on him, it's unlikely he'll be able to get away with what he got away with before.

We'll get a true indication of his talent.

I'll be surprised if he's in the top 20 of the Giro or the Tour.

If he beats his pre cancer best of 36th in the Tour, I'll be impressed.

·
Rocket Scientist
1,009 Posts
iliveonnitro said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2009/apr09/apr24news3

Honestly, we all know this should have at least been considered a "missed test." Maybe they are realizing how much money he brings to france?

I think that this whole thing is overblown. They would have looked like real a holes if they went forward, especially considering that the samples were clean. It would have caused a real scandal and even if you are sure that Lance is guilty of doping, you know you wouldn't be satisfied as it does not prove his guilt.

The whole thing was a pissing match from the beginning and ends as all pissing matches do: no matter how smelly or wet someone makes the dirt, it still dries eventually.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
lookrider said:
Good news. He'll have no further excuses and because we know they'll stay on him, it's unlikely he'll be able to get away with what he got away with before.

He is also no older. No room for that? He is NOT in his prime anymore.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Not sure why this incident means "he will race clean" to you?

lookrider said:

The testing especially outside of France has not shown to be effective so I am not sure why this means he will have to race clean? From what I can tell a rider can still 1)transfuse their own red blood cells 2)"microdose" EPO and still not get caught. I can only assume that Schumacher and maybe even Kohl were testing outside competition one or more times and before TDF and labs didn't catch or report anything...

sadly, I predict he will do better than people think. That super long 60K ITT doesn't hurt his chances either.

Nik

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Lets say he finishes> in the top 10. You guys going to eat some crow that LA Fan boys will cook up?

I say top 25 for Giro top 10 TDF.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
DIRT BOY said:
Lets say he finishes> in the top 10. You guys going to eat some crow that LA Fan boys will cook up?

I say top 25 for Giro top 10 TDF.
Don't forget the guy does still have a busted collar bone. May seem insignificant but it took a few months for my to really heal and stop hurting.

·
Registered
660 Posts
he was off the bike for like 3 days and on trainer before end of week..-

He was off the bike for like 3 days and on trainer before end of week.. and back on the road... That's why he got plated and screwed - so he could resume lower body/ cardio asap. With that timeline he loses almost no fitness and a guy like armstrong knows how to prepare for a stage race like nobody else... and will use EVERY tool to be ready for Giro's first tough stages...which are not right away (Stage 4 is first tough stage not inlcuding the TTT which Astana will have a Very strong team for.)

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Old_school_nik said:
sadly, I predict he will do better than people think. That super long 60K ITT doesn't hurt his chances either.

Nik
Don't despair - it's not a traditional ITT. Very hilly & technical. I don't think LA will fare as well as you fear!

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
his excuses are pretty good on either side of the fence if he doesnt do well:

- he is older now
- been away for three years
- broken collarbone
- had to work for conti

or
- see, he was always doping
- he did good, but what about the shower incident
- no testing is very thorough

·
For president!
7,802 Posts
iliveonnitro said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2009/apr09/apr24news3

Honestly, we all know this should have at least been considered a "missed test." Maybe they are realizing how much money he brings to france?
I'm pretty ambivalent on this. We don't know both sides of the story at this point, just Lance's and some of the leaked report from the AFLD. Maybe the complete report shows a fuller picture of what happened, and maybe no real violations happened. If they aren't going to go after him, I assume they are making the right call.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts