Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I missing something? Was Lance even born in the 50's. I think he was still part of his dad's nuts back then.

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Like all the greats

·
Banned
349 Posts
Somewhere stashed away in my parent's attic there's a box of trading cards like this one, from the 60's -- Anquetiel, Jannsen, Altig, Poulidor, Bahamatas, Van Looy . . .

It probably got tossed, along with the trophies and medals from when I was racing.

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hardy Cyclamens said:
Somewhere stashed away in my parent's attic there's a box of trading cards like this one, from the 60's -- Anquetiel, Jannsen, Altig, Poulidor, Bahamatas, Van Looy . . .

It probably got tossed, along with the trophies and medals from when I was racing.
Don't you wish you still had all those things. I was just thinking about a bike I sold a few years ago and wish I still had it. Oh, well

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
def photoshop

filtersweep said:
no... must be some mad photoshopping skillz
And a really good job as well the tell tale give away is te face not being quite the same soft focus as the body. The signature running over both is the sweetest touch.

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Hardy Cyclamens said:

Boy you're dating yourself with those names Hardy but still verry cool.

Did they come with bubble gum like baseball cards do in the States? Man I'd love to see a Rik Van Looy he was the man. Jan Jannsen is cool too. I only know them through history books and magazine articles but those two always intrigued me. Jannsen was mostly a sprinter from what I understand but somehow managed to win the the TdF and Van Looy was a killer classics rider with tree trunk legs like a track sprinter - palmares that make museeuw look like a punter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.