Gloating is so unbecoming.

Today was about mental fortitude.

Congrats

Len

G

·
Well,

Fortunately I do NOT have to eat crow.

In fact I specifically said the other day that I did NOT expect that Armstrong would lose any time on the Ventoux.

In spite of the assertions by some that it would be his gravestone.

Congrats OEH.

I just wish Wiggins had made the podium.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Len J said:
Gloating is so unbecoming.

I know.

Thanks Len, it's been a tumultous Tour.

Btw, AC if he had the legs to do so, and did not ride away during the last Km or two, showed class by restraining himself from showboating again. It would be nice to think this is the case.

·
Registered
348 Posts
You know, a thread could be starter about the "fanboys" eating crow since Lance didn't deliver the goods he stated he was there for and was clearly dominated by Andy and Conti. This is really getting childish on both sides.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BassNBrew said:
You know, a thread could be starter about the "fanboys" eating crow since Lance didn't deliver the goods he stated he was there for and was clearly dominated by Andy and Conti. This is really getting childish on both sides.

Nawww Bass, I mean the jabs here "only in good fun" with no ill-will intended. Truly.

I know LA didn't get yellow, but he once again gave us a great ride. I'm not unhappy for Cont, either. I'm also glad for A Schleck and Wiggo, and VdV to name a few.

It was a great race, I learned some things, and enjoyed all the well-intended banter here. Those being jerks, not so much but people will say whatever.

Cheers all.

·
Gronk SMASH!
1,973 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
Btw, AC if he had the legs to do so, and did not ride away during the last Km or two, showed class by restraining himself from showboating again. It would be nice to think this is the case.
No chance that a Lance fan like yourself would see this as conclusive proof that AC's motives were unselfish and just focused on the yellow all along, is there?

Seems to me his biggest crime in this tour is thinking Kloden could go in an attack the other day and then not being able to reel him back after realizing his mistake.

Hardly the work of a "showboat," if you ask me.

Exactly when DID he showboat, by the way?

BTW, nice job Lance. Your support on this board might have been just what it took to put him over the top.

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you watched the race objectively you could see some of his failure to go with the breaks was due to team tactics. I said so and was called a fanboy. Said he'd have the legs today...and he did. If you watched objectively you could see it was going to happen.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
toomanybikes said:
Well,

Fortunately I do NOT have to eat crow.

In fact I specifically said the other day that I did NOT expect that Armstrong would lose any time on the Ventoux.

In spite of the assertions by some that it would be his gravestone.

Congrats OEH.

I just wish Wiggins had made the podium.

I know! Way to put that out there, mon frere!

I had a freaky and very realistic dream a week ago that LA bonked the supreme bonk of all bonks ever bonked, ever, in the last 2 K or so of Ventoux.

Once he hit 1.8 Km to go, I knew it weren't happening. :)

Wiggs has nothing to be ashamed of. In fact, I think he'll be high as a kite over this performance, and the whole Tour. Indeed he should be.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Crow is tasty...

I'm sure.

Lance surprised me a bit today. Can't say I am shocked, but I did think the Schlecks would gap him. Never thought Lance would crack, but figured he would not have been able to stick with one of the big attacks in the trees, but then ride within himself to the top (probably with Wiggins and Kloden) losing as little time as possible.

Must say, however, that what I really wanted to happen was to see Contador fly off, followed by Andy Schleck, and then watch the two of them fight it out.

Sigh.... guess protecting one's position in the TDF is more important than satisfying the desires of a cycling fan on a different continent.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
jptaylorsg said:
No chance that a Lance fan like yourself would see this as conclusive proof that AC's motives were unselfish and just focused on the yellow all along, is there?
Not that anyone needs to defend OEH, but I don't think she ever suggested that Contador motives were ever other than focused on the yellow.

Others... yes.

·
Gronk SMASH!
1,973 Posts
oarsman said:
Not that anyone needs to defend OEH, but I don't think she ever suggested that Contador motives were ever other than focused on the yellow.

Others... yes.
Yeah, except for that "showboating again" comment she made.

I don't remember a shred of showboating, unless you count the pistol shot celebration thing, which is admittedly not the best victory salute, but neither is it showboating any more than anyone else's salute.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jptaylorsg said:

Yes. In at least as much as I think he's seasoning (all champion-brained youngsters need seasoning, including LA in his young years).

See Identifilier's statement below. I noticed that as well, seemed he was breaking for LA. I hope that is the case. That'd be cool. More cool if indeed that is the case, LA gives him some very public credit for that.

I also hope those two to can come to terms with the fact that they are both Type AAA's... and go from there. I don't think either one is guilt-free in the whole debaucle. Egos and all.

·
Banned
3,305 Posts
Good grief. What a lame thread.

What we witnessed in this tour is an absolutely amazing performance from the best stage racer in the world, Contador, as well as what I would say is an equally brilliant performance from Lance, given his time away from racing.

Instead of talking about the these incredible athletes, people are starting threads about eating crow. Talk about an epic fail. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
952 Posts
FondriestFan said:

What we witnessed in this tour is an absolutely amazing performance from the best stage racer in the world, Contador, as well as what I would say is an equally brilliant performance from Lance, given his time away from racing.

Instead of talking about the these incredible athletes, people are starting threads about eating crow. Talk about an epic fail. :rolleyes:
And the top Bozo chimes in. Priceless.......

·
Registered
187 Posts
FondriestFan said:

I was about to agree with you, but then I saw that your little picture was that damn pistol salute, and now I don't.

·
Making memories
285 Posts
Great stage and a very good tour de france. The schlecks gave it a go, AC and the boys covered well. Wigo had a great ride; he's gotta be happy. So, what's next? Vuelta! Any thoughts how that one will shape up?

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.