Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We believed in the athletes, and yet again we have been duped this year. :cryin:

Who else feels duped for the first time or again?

mms://dayport.wmod.llnwd.net/fc/a258/e1/n3c/0040/07300020050724_042552p0042748p6.wmv

"But finally the last thing I’ll say to the people who don’t believe in cycling, the cynics and the sceptics. I'm sorry for you. I’m sorry that you can’t dream big. I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles. But this is one hell of a race. This is a great sporting event and you should stand around and believe it. You should believe in these athletes, and you should believe in these people. I'll be a fan of the Tour de France for as long as I live. And there are no secrets - this is a hard sporting event and hard work wins it."

· Banned
608 Posts
I think Armstrong's bizarre speech was given because he already knew that his positives for EPO were about to come out.

· Registered
11,561 Posts
bas said:
"And there are no secrets - this is a hard sporting event and hard work wins it."
How anyone could actually believe there are "no secrets" is really totally beyond me? There are monthly demonstrations that there are secrets. Armstrong can never speak the truth because it would destroy his status as a cancer spokesman, and he never would anyway. Armstrong has always been old school, none of that "spitting in the soup" stuff from him.

I think what he's saying there is don't believe that one wins because of drugs it's still the hard work that separates the winners and losers (and realistically the genetics play a huge part as well).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.