Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now we know that there was a big conspiracy in the Landis case..... it wasn't the LNDD but Arnie and some nerd.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
766 Posts
OK this is horrible.... His own coach... the one who wrote the giant powerpoint explaining why floyd was innocent..... wow.... what a twisted story.

sorry I know this is old news, but hey I hadn't heard.... and not really much u.s. cycling press about it??????
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
http://www.lemonde.fr/sports/articl...floyd-landis_1199183_3242.html#ens_id=1199258

Floyd and Arnie were issued a summons to appear in court in France about the hacking. No surprise, they did not show.

They have traced the IP address to Arnie. (No Surprise, again)

"If this is the only way that Floyd Landis and Arnie Baker explained, I will not hesitate to ask the judge to use the international arrest warrant", said Pierre Bordry, president of the AFLD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,374 Posts
bigpinkt said:
http://www.lemonde.fr/sports/articl...floyd-landis_1199183_3242.html#ens_id=1199258

Floyd and Arnie were issued a summons to appear in court in France about the hacking. No surprise, they did not show.

They have traced the IP address to Arnie. (No Surprise, again)
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2009/may09/may29news2
"More recently, a private detective agency run by a former member of the French secret services named Kargus Consultants was pinpointed as being the source for the computer hacking."
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
543 Posts
iliveonnitro said:
Wow. Can't this get your license to practice stripped? I'm sure this falls into some major form of unethical behavior.
Just because you are a MD doesn't mean you have to conduct an ethical lifestyle outside of your practice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,561 Posts
stevesbike said:
someone explain to me how the IP address was traced to Baker when he didn't do the hacking - he hired Kargus to do it?
I'm going to guess Arnie wasn't too bright and used the same computer to communicate with the hackers and the AFLD at some point?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
stevesbike said:
someone explain to me how the IP address was traced to Baker when he didn't do the hacking - he hired Kargus to do it?
Kargus gave the info to what he calls "The Anglo-Saxons" A French catch all phrase for English speakers and most likely Arnie.

Shortly after the hacking a modified version of the info was sent out to reporters and governing bodies worldwide, from Arnies IP address. In addition Christiane Ayotte received an email from "Norman Crepin" who said he worked at the LNDD. The email called into question the reliability of the tests on Landis and used the same documents. Norman Crepin was Arnie Baker....or at least was using his ip address
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/nov06/nov14news2

Arnie even had the cajones to add the hacked documents to the Wiki defense and tried to introduce emails from Norman at the trial.
 

·
Impulse Athletic Coaching
Joined
·
5,576 Posts
danielc said:
Just because you are a MD doesn't mean you have to conduct an ethical lifestyle outside of your practice.
Arnie was Floyd's coach, and thus a client. Wouldn't this be in his practice?

Also, is this not why doctors who are caught doping athletes in hotel rooms get their licenses revoked? Not exactly part of their daily practice in clinic...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
iliveonnitro said:
Arnie was Floyd's coach, and thus a client. Wouldn't this be in his practice?

Also, is this not why doctors who are caught doping athletes in hotel rooms get their licenses revoked? Not exactly part of their daily practice in clinic...
I do not think that Arnie has been practicing medicine for many years.
 

·
Dweebus Maximus
Joined
·
211 Posts
Does Landis have any friends or associates that are NOT complete wack jobs? Seems that everyone on his "team" is a borderline psycho.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top