Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a pisser, really messed with my avg time/speed.

But...haven't had a flat in almost 9 months, 4K miles, so I shouldn't complain.

Continental GP4000's rock, by the way. ran over a nail, nothing will stop that, but they've been impervious to glass and other stuff..

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MB1 said:
Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not the "F" word!

We are all DOOMED!
I'm old school enough that flats do not warrant me dropping the f-bomb.

·
Registered
14,776 Posts
millerinva said:
I'm old school enough that flats do not warrant me dropping the f-bomb.
"Flat" IS the f-bomb.

·
Registered
14,776 Posts
KeeponTrekkin said:
Commuter flats always happen in the morning.
Not so. I've several times had them on the way home, or found the bike with a flat in the rack before I started home. But I've also had a flat in the pouring rain while hurrying to an early-morning meeting.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
barbedwire said:
So, how late were you to work?
it only held me up a couple of minutes. I was a bit late to the rally point w/ my other commuting buddy, so that tweaked him a bit.

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
CORY is very angry with you now.

My GP4000's finally got a flat after I wore them down to nothing so I blamed myself. I'm running Pro3's right now and have had just as much luck (good luck) with them. I like 'em both.

·
Big is relative
11,901 Posts
My rear tire was going down on the way home this afternoon. The tube has 2 or 3 patches so one of them must be leaking. I stopped twice during the 21 miles to put some air in it and I made it home fine. It is now completely deflated in the garage. I'll deal with it on Sunday. I guess I need to stop being cheap and replace the tube. I use 28-38mm tubes on the commuter with my 25mm gatorskin ultra tires. All I have in the garage is some ultra light tubes with long stems. Guess I need to hit the bike shop.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yah, I've even flatted with Armadillos. Only twice in several thousand miles. Once, I picked up a construction staple, the other time, I never did find what flatted the damn thing.
But that was with 700x25 Armadillos; I'm now running 2" wide 26" Armadillo Crossroads. WAY thicker rubber and tread, way more cush. Doubt I'll ever flat these. There are advantages to 26" wheels, and this is one of them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.