Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is 48 degrees here in Denver for the first time in a month and we could top 50+. I sprained my wrist about a month ago and it is finally healed enough to ride nromally. Perfect day for a ride BUT...

Today is Avalanche v. Red Wing II. I want to ride! I NEED to ride! But, but it's AVS Deadwings. Oh crap, gotta go with the hockey.

Does anyone feel my pain?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ride!

I feel your pain, but you have a choice. Today is the first >40 non-wet/messy day we've had here. I had already committed to a dance performance. All my backstage time was spent looking out a window and thinking I should be out there.

Go ride!!! If not for yourself, then for me!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kvonnah said:
It is 48 degrees here in Denver for the first time in a month and we could top 50+. I sprained my wrist about a month ago and it is finally healed enough to ride nromally. Perfect day for a ride BUT...

Today is Avalanche v. Red Wing II. I want to ride! I NEED to ride! But, but it's AVS Deadwings. Oh crap, gotta go with the hockey.

Does anyone feel my pain?
5 -2 AVS and I still had time to ride for an hour and a half! I love when a plan comes together.

·
Breakin' Stuff
439 Posts
....UNLESS it is the Avalanche vs Red Wings. Of course, I watch the game while pounding away on my trainer here in Minneapolis where, erm....outdoor cycling isn't exactly an option right now. Go Av's

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mickey-mac said:
The matter is over now, but sitting on the couch watching a sporting event-no matter how important-should never take precedence over the opportunity for a nice ride.
I''ve been a hockey fan most my life and have no guilt about watching an Avs v Red wings game. I do need to ride more but I generally commute to work every day 30 mi round trip and am far from turning into a coach potato.

BTW Double nickels on the Dime is my favorite Minutemen album. D. Boon was the man!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
myette10 said:
The NY Yankees of hockey should win every game they play.
Hey, the RANGERS are the Yankees of baseball salary wise. Avs don't have near there payroll. Karya took a 9 mill PAYCUT to play here.

Hockey is the only other sport where players have the heart of cyclists. Winning the Stanley Cup is right there with winning a major Tour in the amount of epic agony you overcome to achieve your goal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.