Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting article in today's Denver Post about the Elephant Rock ride.
----------------------------------------------

Cyclists embrace rules of the road

A proposed cap on the size of bike events was dropped, giving new life to the 19th Elephant Rock ride.

Complete article at:
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_3899806?source=rss

I especially liked this line:
“Others walked around in their spandex bike clothing, the special cleats on their bike shoes click-clacking on the pavement, in sum looking like the world's worst- dressed tap dancers.”

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ha -Ha

Mayday said:
Interesting article in today's Denver Post about the Elephant Rock ride.
----------------------------------------------

I especially liked this line:
“Others walked around in their spandex bike clothing, the special cleats on their bike shoes click-clacking on the pavement, in sum looking like the world's worst- dressed tap dancers.”
You can only laugh. I remember a long day spin with some older men and we stopped for a coffee in a truckers place.There was a group of " Hardmen" disdainfully eyeing us as we approached our table. I put my cleat down in some spilt gravey on the floor and slid about two feet. I really thought I was going to spill my tray all over them. We thought it was funny and so did a whole lot of other customers but the Hardmen didn't.

·
Off the back.
102 Posts
bigbadwimp said:
Holy smokes, a five person tandem! I don't know if I could trust the two wheels holding that thing up!
I saw them right before I started, it was quite a sight. I had to do a double-take just to make sure I counted 5 people. I don't know how they transported the thing, I'm sure it breaks into sections but I'm sure it takes some substantial space up regardless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.