Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks. No, I`m working with my ebarassment before ii do that. Surely they`re not in a position to get my money back, but they might ban the bankaccount/account holder. May be also via their international bank network.
Best

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hi. Of course I tried the Vis/credticard option first. But in my foolishness and eageress to get my stolen bike replaced, I trusted the guy communicating with me (Lukas Kim) when told that only wire transfer were possible. (Yes, I know should have rung a dozen alarmbells!)
Best

·
Registered
629 Posts
maybe you could run a reverse-nigerian scam on them? send them an email (there's lots of examples posted on what to write), and see what happens? maybe they fall for it and you get your money back?

·
Registered
916 Posts
the first homepage has photos of MTBs cycling through at the top. check the bottom right of those photos, you'll see REI.
It doesn't say REI. It says "Reicycles Store". A quick search shows that Reicycles is just another company from the same region, probably owned by the same people (i.e. another front)

·
Registered
916 Posts
does anyone else get the ASIA CYCLES ads on the right of RBR pages?
Yes. And I also see them on virtually every other page I visit that serves Google ads.

Google ads placed a cookie on our computer storing information on your interests and past searches. Now you will see the same ads on all internet pages. This has nothing to do with RBR.

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
Yes. And I also see them on virtually every other page I visit that serves Google ads.

Google ads placed a cookie on our computer storing information on your interests and past searches. Now you will see the same ads on all internet pages. This has nothing to do with RBR.
I just sent an e mail to the ad placement company complaining about this scam. Probably pissing in the wind but these arseholes need a beating.

Does RBR make money off these ads?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts