Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day, I went riding with a friend of mine. She's single. We were talking about whatever... Anyway, one of the traits she looks for in guys is "athletic" or "in-shape". We had a lengthy in-depth discussion on what constitutes as "athletic" or "in-shape".

So, Lounge, what does one mean when they say that? I think I've heard that from lots of people, but never bothered to ask what they meant...

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
I'm "in shape."

and that shape is round.

joe

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
Cruzer2424 said:
The other day, I went riding with a friend of mine. She's single. We were talking about whatever... Anyway, one of the traits she looks for in guys is "athletic" or "in-shape". We had a lengthy in-depth discussion on what constitutes as "athletic" or "in-shape".

So, Lounge, what does one mean when they say that? I think I've heard that from lots of people, but never bothered to ask what they meant...
she wants to hit it. she was giving you a clue. hth

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
Cruzer2424 said:
She's my girlfriend's sister....
that doesn't actual mean anything. poast pics tho

·
10-81
515 Posts
for guys chest bigger than your stomach and definition on arms and legs to the point where you can see where one muscle ends and the other begins. I don't think just being skinny is the sign of good health or bing athletic.

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fireplug said:
for guys chest bigger than your stomach and definition on arms and legs to the point where you can see where one muscle ends and the other begins. I don't think just being skinny is the sign of good health or bing athletic.
... but then... what about those skinny ass cyclists with no upper body? They're not in shape?

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
Cruzer2424 said:
... but then... what about those skinny ass cyclists with no upper body? They're not in shape?
They are fit, not in shape.

'In shape' is an aesthetic term, like 'cute.'

Better to be fit.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
I think it's an "eye of the beholder" situation. Some girls like muscle men.

But "athletic" vs "in shape" I think can be clearly differentiated.

"Athletic" means that the person does athletic things. Run, swim, bike, kayak, climb, whatever.

"In shape" can be attained entirely in a gym. NTTAWWT.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
Cruzer2424 said:
She's my girlfriend's sister....

New definition for RELATIVE HUMIDITY:

"that drop of sweat that spontaneously forms on your knuttsac when your GF walks in and catches you [email protected]%ing her sister...."

and yeah, pics would help. Of the GF. and her sister.

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JustTooBig said:
and yeah, pics would help. Of the GF. and her sister.

I think the girlfriend is coming to The Le Casa de Coop Fire Festival Shindig Party... :p

·
Bikespace member
4,445 Posts
i would say neither is mutually exclusive, but often times are.

i'm definitely "fitter" then I was 2 months ago, but my shape has stayed the same :(

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.