Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking at the Giro Atmos and am having a tough time deciding which color to get. It's down to two:

Lance Black and Yellow Lone Star 2005 Special Edition - It's nice to have all his victory years on the helmet and again it's really rare. Can get it for regular price on Ebay. Not too hard to find.

King of the Mountains Special Edition - I was tripped out seeing the polka dot version Michael Rasumussen wore at the 2005 tour. Giro just issued out a special 1000 run of this helmet today and it's really unique.

Would like to hear what you think......The Lance one is rare, and the KOM version is just as rare, but super pops out.....

Thanks for your feedback......This will be an entertaining TDF for sure.

· eminence grease
18,559 Posts
I had a white Atmos until it hit the ground with my head in it and broke. I am entitled to a replacement for 66% of retail via their crash replacement process. I'm 99% sure I will go with white. You should too. Your helmet should never be louder than your bike.

· Banned
96 Posts

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
A light color helmet, e.g. white, will keep your head cooler, and will also be easier to see. Of the ones posted, including the Ionos, my choice would be the yellow/black. I like the Ionos the least. I think it's fugly.

· Rollin' Stones
2,641 Posts
Same thing.

zooog said:
Cany anyone compare the fit of the pneumo to the atmos.......
They both fit the same. I have both and the Atmos is just a shade lighter. All of the tech stuff like air-flow andthe Roc-Loc4 the same.

· Registered
81 Posts
My wife bought me a 2005 Tour De France, Maillot Jaune (Discovery). I love that jersey....but am afraid to wear it unless I'm riding with people I KNOW I can smoke with ease. /shrug Seems a little....

However, I saw those helmets you posted and they ROCK. Especially the polka dot one. Someone else said it though....you better not be a slug on the hills wearing that one. :)

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for helping me to make my decision

Well, after much debate and soul-searching (yeah right)....this is now my helmet collection....at least I have plenty of riding time to rotate them all in.....

Old school yellow and silver ventoux
2004 USPS Pneumo
2006 King of the Mountains Atmos
....and yes....2005 Lance Paris 7 wins Atmos......

I just had to, both limited edition helmets are unique in their own ways. Too hard to deny myself of each one. :biggrin5:

Oh well.....again thanks for all your guys opinions......

· Banned
471 Posts
terry b said:
I had a white Atmos until it hit the ground with my head in it and broke. I am entitled to a replacement for 66% of retail via their crash replacement process. I'm 99% sure I will go with white. You should too. Your helmet should never be louder than your bike.
I'll seriously challenge you::thumbsup: As an epileptic I can put more overall cracks on a helmet, than you can. (via the falls) Before I retire the Atmos helmet. And some of these cracks are wider than others.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.