Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These shots are from Friday February 24, 2006 and Saturday February 25, 2006 at the Amgen Tour of California.I hope you enjoy them.

1) Team Discovery leads the way as the Tour makes it's way to the finish line in Santa Barbara, CA on 2-24-06.

2)

3)

4) Current Overall Leader Floyd Landis of Team Phonak (wearing the champagne colored leader jersey) finds himself surrounded as the lead pack rounds a corner in Stage 5 at Santa Barbara, CA.

5) Sven Krauss of Team Gerolsteiner labors to maintain a slim lead as the peloton rounds the corner heading into the three lap circuit at the end of Stage 6 in Thousand Oaks, CA.

6) Amarican riders George Hincapie (wearing the Clif Bar Sprinter's Jersey) and current Overall Leader Floyd Landis (in the champagne colored Leader's Jersey) are spotted mid-pack as the peloton makes it's way around the three lap circuit at the end of Stage 6 of the Amgen Tour of California on 2-25-06.

7) Team CSC riders lead the peloton at the end of the second lap (of three) at the end of Stage 6 of the Amgen Tour of California in Thousand Oaks, CA on 2-25-06.

8) Rene` Haselbacher of Team Gerolsteiner looks back to see if his final sprint will hold up at the end of Stage 6 as Olaf Pollack of T-Mobile and Ricardo Ricco of Prodir are reeling him in quickly with less than 100 meters to go.

9) My wife was able to capture this shot of the final sprint with her 300D and 18-55 kit lens. The rest were shot with a 20D and 70-200 f/2.8L.

10) T-Mobile rider Olaf Pollack reacts as he is victorious in the final sprint of Stage 6 of the Amgen Tour of California in Thousand Oaks, CA.

Thanks for looking.

Regards,
Jeff

·
The view is the reward
417 Posts
Great photos... especially the last one with Olaf raising his arms crossing the lines. It looks from that photo that you were right on the road.

I'm currently wrapping up the Tour of California Grassy Knoll Project coverage and your photos would be great to have. Do you want to post them there and or can you give me permission to post them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
steephill said:
Great photos... especially the last one with Olaf raising his arms crossing the lines. It looks from that photo that you were right on the road.

I'm currently wrapping up the Tour of California Grassy Knoll Project coverage and your photos would be great to have. Do you want to post them there and or can you give me permission to post them.
I posted about 18 or 19 pics on your site (very interesting format). I did screw up by not captioning the first batch (I tried to go back and correct it, but no dice) and putting one pic on the wrong stage (and was apparently cyber-scolded for doing so >8P ), but once I figured out the correct process, it's not too bad to work with.

As for the last photo, I positioned myself on the outside bend about 30 meters before the finish line which made it look it look like I was in the middle of the course.

Thanks for the comments and I like your site.

Regards,
Jeff

·
The view is the reward
417 Posts
jeffj said:
I posted about 18 or 19 pics on your site (very interesting format). I did screw up by not captioning the first batch (I tried to go back and correct it, but no dice) and putting one pic on the wrong stage (and was apparently cyber-scolded for doing so >8P ), but once I figured out the correct process, it's not too bad to work with.

As for the last photo, I positioned myself on the outside bend about 30 meters before the finish line which made it look it look like I was in the middle of the course.

Thanks for the comments and I like your site.

Regards,
Jeff
I just noticed you posted them to the Grassy Knoll. Great!. When you are logged in you can change the caption by simply selecting the text and typing a new one and then clicking 'Save Changes'.

·
What the Hell is going on
5,015 Posts
Great Pics

Great Pics! Just curious about what kind of camera did you use?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JaeP said:
Great Pics! Just curious about what kind of camera did you use?

Thank you. All of the pics were taken with the Canon 20D and Canon 70-200 f/2.8L.

Regards

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SpikeOOH said:
That was a great final 30 seconds or so. I was so disapointed when Sven Krauss lost it. Oh well
He took a brave chance. Credit all of the Gerolsteiner riders as they were, several times, the very attack minded.

·
Banned
3,051 Posts
Great Shots Jeffj. Very nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts