·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Makin hay while the sun shines I guess.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
WTF is Shaun White doing back in the states on a PR tour? Does his PR person love him? [email protected]#k you have Olympic Gold on the 2nd or 3rd day, so lets see
a) Free Place to stay in Olympic Village
b) Free Access to any Olympic Event
c) As good a bling as any young man could want
d) being a huge recognized celebrity
e) acres of hot foreign chicas
f) Sasha Cohen is there (from his mouth)

WTF, Olympics come once every 4 and maybe once a lifetime kid. You have as much
capital as you are ever gonna have. You should be spending it.

F'in P-R guys.

·
Non non normal
10,086 Posts
He' s thinking with his brain. A rarity for a young man in his situation.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
The kid is already loaded.

is waiting 2 weeks gonna kill his market $ that much?maybe it would have made him more desirable? If I was his Publicist I would have called CBS and said "Send a crew, Shaun is gonna be your Olympic correspondent" that would have put him on nightly, way better exposure than Ellen and can ya imagine Dave saying lets check in and the kid is at some club, or at an event or in bed with a couple Italian Snow Bunnies having breakfast?
Once in your life maybe do you get the opportunity to experience the Olympics with that kind of access and clout. he's pissing it away for a wheaties box he'll most likely not get.

·
Non non normal
10,086 Posts
atpjunkie said:
is waiting 2 weeks gonna kill his market $ that much?maybe it would have made him more desirable? If I was his Publicist I would have called CBS and said "Send a crew, Shaun is gonna be your Olympic correspondent" that would have put him on nightly, way better exposure than Ellen and can ya imagine Dave saying lets check in and the kid is at some club, or at an event or in bed with a couple Italian Snow Bunnies having breakfast?
Once in your life maybe do you get the opportunity to experience the Olympics with that kind of access and clout. he's pissing it away for a wheaties box he'll most likely not get.

It seems like there must be some kind of big pull financially or otherwise to get them back to the states to do the lineup on the talk shows. Although the situation was different Lance, must of had his bags packed and by the front door when he won. Maybe the olympics aren't what we think they are if you are a participant. Being the socializer I would want to cruise around and meet people from across the world. He might be the kind of kid that was just sitting in his room playing playstation when he wasn't competing.

You would hope they would make the most of the once in a lifetime experience. The big bucks have gotta be the lure back.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
he's a 19 year old male

so to him, I think access to heaps of hot, international babes and the worlds best hall pass would kinda outweigh the big bucks. especially given he's a anti establishment snowboarder who this move will appear to be a 'sell out' among the demograph. I think it's his publicist smelling $'s and rolling like a 2 bit hooker. I think making him 'forbidden fruit' but keeping him in the spotlight would do the same or like I said, work a deal for Olympic Correspondent, heck even for the Today Show if that is the market you are trying to crack.

That publicist is thinking 'Strike while the Iron is Hot' and not thinking he could be robbing this kid of a once in a lifetime opportunity. There are other ways of having your cake and eating it too.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
clearly if I was 19 and single and a Gold Medal Winner

my first new endorsement would have been Trojan. I'dmake Bode Miller look like a teetotaler

·
Registered
727 Posts
atpjunkie said:
my first new endorsement would have been Trojan. I'dmake Bode Miller look like a teetotaler
LOL!!!
that is pretty messed up, you're right. scores of hot young athletes whose events are finished, tons of fans and local girls around......get a brain, shaun!!!!!

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
good lordy

I'd have a legion of international flags already hanging from my room by now. I mean fish in a barrel and the world is your oyster. Again the old adage "Youth is wasted on the young" comes to mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts