Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Old enough to know better
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my father and I recently found that Bruce Springsteen and the band are coming to Chicago, sweeeet! :thumbsup: So I log on to TM today to check for tickets.... need 4 tickets, select best available and any price. Then I have to type in the stupid security crap (you know the type the word you see above in the field below crap). It then searches and says no tickets are found with the info I specified. So I try again, and again and again using all the options they give me. WTF WTF WTF :mad2: If its sold out just freaking tell me already! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: I called the "box office" no help there the person just kept saying ummmm go to ticketmaster, seriously why are they paying you?

I ended up going to stubhub only to find 4 tix for like +$30 over what they are listed on TM as. GRRRRR I remember when you just logged on tickets were either there or not there.
Its almost not worth all this crap, ALMOST

Sorry for the rant but ya its serious weaksauce:(

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
TM has been selling tix directly to stubhub if IIRC. If you don't hate TM then you don't have a soul.

·
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its just super frustrating when you want a straight answer and cant get one, are there tickets still available or not! I know there are other ways of getting tix i.e. ebay and such but we re not paying $150 for tix. I long for the days when going to see a show was about the music and not the money...

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
Apparently the schtick for Ticketmaster these days is to report to the arenas in advance that the performer's stage is going to be bigger than it really is--meaning that only X number of floor seats will be possible. Then, after all the seats are sold out, oh, whoops, the performer is going with a much smaller stage! Which opens up a bunch of new seats to sold out shows, right down front, to sell at a huge premium on Stubhub and places like that.

I can't remember where I read or heard that, but it's an interesting racket if it's true.

·
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bikeboy389 said:
Apparently the schtick for Ticketmaster these days is to report to the arenas in advance that the performer's stage is going to be bigger than it really is--meaning that only X number of floor seats will be possible. Then, after all the seats are sold out, oh, whoops, the performer is going with a much smaller stage! Which opens up a bunch of new seats to sold out shows, right down front, to sell at a huge premium on Stubhub and places like that.

I can't remember where I read or heard that, but it's an interesting racket if it's true.

I ve read that as well, they seem to do it to "gauge interest". If a place sells out super fast then oh hey the stage is gonna be smaller. If they dont sell out they tend not to open up the seats.

Also alot of bands are now only announcing like 1/3 to 1/2 their tour dates at a time thus creating more demand for the tickets cause they re only playing 12 gigs!! Then 6 months later the tour gets "extended" for another 6 months, rinse and repeat.

·
I Type, Therefore I Am
1,641 Posts
I just bought four tickets to a show through TM. Tix were $32.00 ea, so four tix = $128.00. Total of the order? $174.00 So, $46.00 in service fees?! WTF?! That's 36% of the cost of the tickets!! For what? I ordered them on-line. It's not like they even had to pay someone to answer the phone, I did all the work!

·
Banned
3,060 Posts
Bruce who? Oh, that guy that did the Super Bowl Half-time Show and S^CKED!

Yeah, let's reward that performance with a tour.

·
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TWB8s said:
Bruce who? Oh, that guy that did the Super Bowl Half-time Show and S^CKED!

Yeah, let's reward that performance with a tour.

Hey I ll be the first to admit that the halftime show wasn't the best....
But judging an artist off one >10 min performance is just close minded.
Springsteen is noted for his live shows, we ve seen him twice now and compared to the currently day talent i ve seen, he just blows them out of the water.

Plus not everyone is gonna have the same taste in music.
Besides your prolly a fall out boy fan anyways right :p

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
My caveats: I missed the half time show---- and I don't own ANY Springsteen albums.

My wife dragged me to a concert in Oslo--- outdoors--- all general admission. Get this--- it was for MY birthday---- HA! Anyway, the show was incredible. Bruce is a living legend-- who loves to perform. Definitely worth seeing.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Bahhh. What a pain and what a rip off from these ticket agencies.

I only like to go to small venues for shows.

Last big show I saw was U2 in 1980-something in L.A. Seeing it from the 50 yard line and crap accoustics I might as well have stayed home.

Love the smaller venues/shows though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.