Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so that attic? Really. Damn. Nasty. glad I never wanted to see those clothes again cuz they went straight in the dumpster. I was almost creeped out enough to strip naked right in the alley but I (barely) chilled enough to make it inside. barely.

so I got up in the crawlspace. good thing I'm skinny and not very tall. dude there are <i> monster goddamn CENTIPEDES</i> up there!! I seriously about crapped myself when one of those leggity f'n bastards ran across my wrist <b>eeeeeewwwww! </b> I mean oh. my. god!! this thing was the size of a f'n hotdog! too bad I didn't shoot video cuz you'd have gotten the treat of your sad little lives seeing a full grown dude all screaming and flopping around like a little girlygirl. thank buddha I had a hat on too cuz I'da poked about a hundred holes in my head from all the nails and stuff. that was seriously not cool. bugs dont usually squick me out and I could give a rat's ass about spiders but these things are like ultra horrorshow mega movie special effects sick and twisted. and they're fast as hell. ew. ewewewew!

man I'm still all itchy and tweeking and i've taken like three showers already. anyways. so I get all sorted out and chill a bit and get back up there. need I mention it's all dark and dusty and cobwebby and squicky and now I'm totally on code red for centipedes and armed with the biggest stick I could grab quick and still fit in the crawlspace, and wishing I still had my Slugger from back in grade school. paranoid? not hardly. so I get around to where I think these f'rs are getting in and sure enuf there's a minor stampede. I don't see 'em but I can for sure hear about a half dozen of the treerats heading for the horizon. o yea and the Grumpy dude was right, it was a total rodent latrine up there and I coulda used a respirator on top of like an industrial grade scrubdown or maybe a hazmat suit.

so this fox pee stuff comes in a little vial and its mad strong so I cut it a bit with some rubbing alcohol and stuck it in a spray bottle and just sprayed it around all over the walls and sides of the crawl space and anywhere else I think they're going. it wasnt hard cuz they've got all like squirrel subways in there and stuff going thru the insulation. damn its nasty. but I said that already.

so anyway thank budda, god, jeebus, krishna and maybe even some pacific stone holy dudes that I found NO more centipedes up there because I think the first one took like ten years off my life or something. I'll let youall know how it works. but I am not, and I do mean Not. Ever. going back up in that attic. I'll eat my deposit get sued and burn the place down first.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
TMI.

eww!

but...

post a pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sounds like indiana jones and the temple of doom. etc and like that. etc etc.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
did the fox urine give instructions for dilluting? i'm thinking water might be a better choice than alcohol. i take it its a small vial. what about using full strength? doesn't sound like a fun project. best of luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Friction_Shifter said:
did the fox urine give instructions for dilluting?
not specifically but I asked the mother earth lady in the garden center about it. she told me water would mess it up (some chemical reaction) but that alcohol was what folks use to cut it to spray around their gardens. its pretty thick and oily so it wouldn't work too great in a spray bottle uncut.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Dude, just call the pest people and then bill your landlord. They're tearing up his attic. He oughta thank you.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh and in case you're wondering

that fox pee is some rank-ass sh*t. it's a real good thing mother earth told me to wear surgical gloves because I think it would take like months to wear off if you spilled. It comes in a little one oz. bottle and it's ultra concentrated. I've still got about half left over but I'm hoping this does the trick.

snapdragen, I'm not sure if I'm mad at you or impressed, but one thing's for sure this was not a boring day.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea well you obviously haven't dealt with my landlord have you? I mean faced with the prospect of a five dollar bottle of fox urine or a fifty dollar pest removal call, silly me decided it was wise to DIY, but that was before the centipedes attacked. now I know what's up there? I could care less you are NOT getting me back in there, and its well worth parting me from a few hamiltons.

·
I'm not like anyone else
1,796 Posts
weapons grade chaos said:
I'll eat my deposit get sued and burn the place down first.
$0.99 will cure it all. Bic!

Or, you can roll a bunch of matches around a cig with a rubber band, lite the cig, but it in the attic next to something really flamable and then go out for dinner. When you get back, there will be police and FD and you can file a claim with your insurance co. for lost goods and chattels.

Ghads... I hate rodent nests! Nasty beyond nasty...

;):D

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
what about one of those high frequency sound emitters that plugs into the wall? you could run an extension cord to the attic. they're supposed to work for rats and a squirrel is just a tree rat.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Chaos,

you got balls man, ugh, just reading about the centipedes made my skin crawl.

I understand about crawl spaces. I used to work contruction and one of my main jobs (as the runt on the crew) was to insulate crawlspaces, etc. I friggin hated that crap, hated it. One major reason I got out of the biz. Luckily I never ran into anything like a centipede.

If Ed were still around, he would probably tell you to either blast Skynyrd up into the attic or just go up there with a 12 gauge and start blasting away. Who knows, that might even get you a few new skylights.

If the fox piss don't work, what yea gonna do?

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
That's an agro approach you've got going on there. You might need to take this problem head on from the other direction. I say, get 'em hooked and buying from you so they earn you some money.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
now you're talking!

thinkcooper said:
I say, get 'em hooked and buying from you so they earn you some money.[/IMG]
dude, that is the sickest pic ever! I'll have to ask the roommate if we can try that up in Estes sometime, bwahaahaaa!! those things are EVERYWHERE up there.

if this fox pee gig doesn't work, you wanna come help me burn the place down?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
UPDATE - day 1, so far so good

so its too soon to really tell but for the first time in like weeks I didn't wake up to a bunch of skritching and rummaging in the walls.

snapdragen, if this works until end of semester will you marry me?

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
weapons grade chaos said:
dude, that is the sickest pic ever! I'll have to ask the roommate if we can try that up in Estes sometime, bwahaahaaa!! those things are EVERYWHERE up there.

if this fox pee gig doesn't work, you wanna come help me burn the place down?
If you wanna stage a shot like that, just stick a peanut in the pipe and find yourself some tourist-tamed beggar/thief chipmunks. Estes Park would work just fine.

As for burning down the house, I have some ideas...

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
Fox pee??? What is wrong with your own? How do you know a fox did it anyway? It's probably just a bunch of guys peeing into bottles and putting different labels on it.

·
grasso e lento
116 Posts
Hey man

Think of the great use of that bottle.... Don't feel so good about a final... drip some of the juice on a shoe and make the class run for the hills....

·
a thorn in RBR's side
116 Posts

1 - 20 of 20 Posts