Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
5,671 Posts
that guy's damn lucky he got sideways before his crash-there was a nasty lip on that road-had he hit it with a bit more speed straighter on he would have launched himself and gone as far as his bike did. Some poor barloworld mechanic is going to have to try to haul that bike back up.

· Road Monkey
38 Posts
That was crazy. I was watching the German feed this morning and it cut out at that point, but the english text feed I had going mentioned he had to walk like a frog to get back up the mountain, just watched and he sure did! Crazy!!

· Registered
659 Posts
Ignatz said:
Check out the interview with John Lee Augustyn on the Versus website (http://www.versus.com/videoPlayer/?artID=72716&catID=566

"...I knew my strong point is not the descent..." Understatement of the year?? :D

Watching him ride into that corner..

It seems as though he was quite aware that he could not descend.. and made a conscious effort to try downhilling MTB style down the hill to beat his chasers down the Bonnet.

· Registered
727 Posts
Did anyone else notice the Mavic neutral service car go sailing past the site of the accident? Sure weren't going to trust him with one of their nice yellow bikes. Augustyn was just left standing at the side of the road looking forlornly at his far-off bike.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.