Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am spending a week commuting between Bremen and Hannover for CeBIT, and have encountered my first experience with the autobahn (rather than using trains).

My questions is this, when I am driving 160 km/h, who are these maniacs passing me like I am standing still- on a foggy night? There is nothing relaxing about driving anything above 140 in a rental car. And there are all sorts of huge trucks that have various speed limits like 90 or buses at 120 that clog the right lane-

In some repects (coming from someone who has had at least 15 speeding tickets in as many years) this is a dream come true... but I am very curious who these people are that drive as fast as they can all the time. These are the most amazingly maintained roads I have every seen... almost perfect... BTW.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
filtersweep said:
I am spending a week commuting between Bremen and Hannover for CeBIT, and have encountered my first experience with the autobahn (rather than using trains).

My questions is this, when I am driving 160 km/h, who are these maniacs passing me like I am standing still- on a foggy night? There is nothing relaxing about driving anything above 140 in a rental car. And there are all sorts of huge trucks that have various speed limits like 90 or buses at 120 that clog the right lane-

In some repects (coming from someone who has had at least 15 speeding tickets in as many years) this is a dream come true... but I am very curious who these people are that drive as fast as they can all the time. These are the most amazingly maintained roads I have every seen... almost perfect... BTW.
There's only one thing for it: get a big German car like a Mercedes or BMW and floor the mofo in the fast lane and LOOK AHEAD, the Autobahn demands huge awareness and Germans expect it from you. Drive safely. ;) :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts