Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· I've got to get in shape.
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else see the irony of the AutoZone ads during the Tour broadcasts? There is a teenager who finds a car with a sign that reads "If you can fix it then you can have it". He then rides his bike to the local AutoZone store and fixes up the car. The last thing that he says in the commercial is something like "At least when I go to Autozone now, I don't have to ride my bike". Talk about missing your target demographic!

· Banned
978 Posts
Not really. .

foggypeake said:
Talk about missing your target demographic!
The typical American is fat, obnoxious and lazy, so they captured their demographic. Seriously, I see what you mean and it's sad. I'm sure most people who see me on my bike don't even think I've a $44K 2006 BMW M3 coupe in my garage.

· Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,955 Posts
The typical American biker is fat obnoxious and lazy :p

· Registered
10 Posts
Lighten up a bit guys -

Don't you remember being a teenager?

Cycling may be fun, much more fun than driving - but when you are a teenager the idea of having your own car is a very big deal. Freedom, chicks, partying, the whole teenage ideal.

it is a funny commercial - and I can enjoy it even knowing that the excitement of driving will wear off after a bit for the kid.

Kirk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.