Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine gave me a bunch(6 each) of avocados, tomatoes and cucumbers. I'm looking for some recipes besides guacamola(sp?).

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Avocado Salad.

Diced Avocados, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, minced garlic, and some lime juice.

Ahh hell, just smash it and make guac!

HTH

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
if you had an onion you could slice the tomatoes, cucumbers and onions and pour some salt and pepper and oil and vinegar on them and enjoy.

·
Knives, Guns, and Booze
2,942 Posts
Nothing beats a good guacamole dish, but if you’re not totally apesh•t about guacamole, you could always spread some avocado onto a toasted bagel, and put some slices of tomato on it.

As for the cucumbers, I’d just slice them up along with some thinly sliced red onion, tomatoes, feta cheese, kalamata olives, some fresh basil, and put some freshly cracked black pepper, some balsamic vinegar, and some really nice extra virgin olive oil on it. Good eatin’.

·
Registered
850 Posts
gutfiddle said:
if you had an onion you could slice the tomatoes, cucumbers and onions and pour some salt and pepper and oil and vinegar on them and enjoy.

+11ty. Good country eating. But gotta include the onion. My German grandmother would do exactly the same thing in the summer when ingredients were fresh. Don't get me started on what kind of cook my Irish grandmother was. I grew up with two hella good cooks for Sunday dinners.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
BIGBOB said:
+11ty. Good country eating. But gotta include the onion. My German grandmother would do exactly the same thing in the summer when ingredients were fresh. Don't get me started on what kind of cook my Irish grandmother was. I grew up with two hella good cooks for Sunday dinners.
preferably a vidalia. keep it simple:thumbsup:

·
Registered
233 Posts
You could try making tacos/empanadas out of that.

Pick up corn tortillas, some ricotta cheese, and lime. I would peel, seed, and salt the cuke to remove extra moisture. Whip the ricotta with some lime juice until it is creamy/smooth. Seed, chop, salt and drain your tomato.

You can go two directions on this. Simple: Just steam your tortillas until soft, add a schmeer of ricotta in there, and toss in the avo/tomato/cuke in there to finish.

For an 'empanada', take the tortilla and smear with ricotta and fill with other ingredients. Fold over and pin shut with a couple of tooth picks. Fry in about 1/2" of hot oil for 30-60 seconds on each side, drain and serve.

Add pickled serrano or jalapeno peppers into either of the above for a bonus.

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
Tomatos and cukes in a gazpacho chilled soup with diced avocado garnish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts