Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Grey Manrod
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Someone posted on my wall, "Where's Otis?" I was all, WTF.

Then it dawned on me. Months ago I on the rbr group board I posted that I was Alex-in-Evanston. It was a lame joke.

So, if any of you are friends with me on FB because you think I'm A-in-E, I won't be too hurt if you un-friend me. Coolhand is pissed, and I feel guilty. Heck, I've never even set foot in the state of Illinois.

Also, since we're on the topic of Facebook..........any suggestions as to how I should respond to the drunken ramblings of some dude I don't even remember from high school? He's kind of freaking me out.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Brick Tamland said:
Someone posted on my wall, "Where's Otis?" I was all, WTF.

Then it dawned on me. Months ago I on the rbr group board that I was Alex-in-Evanston. It was a lame joke.

So, if any of you are friends with me on FB because you think I'm A-in-E, I won't be too hurt if you un-friend me. Coolhand is pissed, and I feel guilty. Heck, I've never even set foot in the state of Illinois.

Also, since we're on the topic of Facebook..........any suggestions as to how I should respond to the drunken ramblings of some dude I don't even remember from high school? He's kind of freaking me out.
delete him

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
FB is teh awesome. I'm exchanging messages with people I apparently went to high school with and don't even know who they are. Most are wimmens posting under their married names asking how things are and how cute my kids are and whatnot. I'm responding all nice about how it's been so long blah blah blah with no clue who I'm talking to. I can't even figure it out from their pictures. For some reason I find it to easier to be nice to people when it's totally anonymous. I think my behavior is the opposite of the usual on-line anonymity makes it easier to be mean to people kind of thing. I'll tell people I know they're jackasses to their faces but carry on a nice conversation with a mystery person.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
CougarTrek are you on Facebook?

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
mickey-mac said:
FB is teh awesome. I'm exchanging messages with people I apparently went to high school with and don't even know who they are. Most are wimmens posting under their married names asking how things are and how cute my kids are and whatnot. I'm responding all nice about how it's been so long blah blah blah with no clue who I'm talking to. I can't even figure it out from their pictures. For some reason I find it to easier to be nice to people when it's totally anonymous. I think my behavior is the opposite of the usual on-line anonymity makes it easier to be mean to people kind of thing. I'll tell people I know they're jackasses to their faces but carry on a nice conversation with a mystery person.
Hell, I've never met half of you people in person, but from what I've learned over the years from posting here, I think a good number of you might make great friends.

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
Drunk from highshool? Easy... get drunk and ramble back! I'm sure it'll turn out perfectly!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts