Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Salton Egg Cooker

Poached eggs without any effort. Soft cooked, hard cooked, what more could you want?

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
I confess that I do not know what poached is. I know what boiled is, but beyond that I'm stuck.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
We had one of those things to boil eggs, not poach them, but I could never, ever get it right. Less water one day, more water the next. Those bloody eggs just never boiled to my liking. Let us know if it makes you a better a cook Snap :).
Cheers, Wayne

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Wayne, I'm already a pretty awesome cook, if I do say so myself. All those years in the cafeteria :rolleyes:

I wanted this for quick and easy breakfast - I'm getting so bored with yogurt and Kashi.

Paint - have you ever had Eggs Benedict? That is a poached egg.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
snapdragen said:
Well Wayne, I'm already a pretty awesome cook, if I do say so myself. All those years in the cafeteria :rolleyes:

I wanted this for quick and easy breakfast - I'm getting so bored with yogurt and Kashi.

Snap - intelligent, funny, beautiful, awesome cook. We are definitely very lucky here at the Lounge to have such amazing women. I've got to get Anneli to join in :)

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wayneanneli said:
Snap - intelligent, funny, beautiful, awesome cook. We are definitely very lucky here at the Lounge to have such amazing women. I've got to get Anneli to join in :)
Now I'm blushing....:eek:

·
Registered
212 Posts
wayneanneli said:
Snap - intelligent, funny, beautiful, awesome cook. We are definitely very lucky here at the Lounge to have such amazing women.
NOW you see why i've been sucking up to her to join her harem? I'm not as dumb as I look (well mostly).

and not to be rude dude but I wouldn't recommend turning anneli loose in here - c'mon dude that's just boasting. and besides its mean. to us, that is.

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
snapdragen said:
Oh, now I'm hungry. I could eat Eggs Benedict every day. Of course, I'd weigh 300 pounds, but it'd be worth it.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
weapons grade chaos said:
NOW you see why i've been sucking up to her to join her harem? I'm not as dumb as I look (well mostly).

and not to be rude dude but I wouldn't recommend turning anneli loose in here - c'mon dude that's just boasting. and besides its mean. to us, that is.
Of course I'm boasting, Anneli is great woman. But think about it, what would the lounge be without Snap, paint, il sogno, hokierider, lets ride, lfr, zeytin, kristin et al.? A pretty boring place. They add colour and humour to the lounge and just keep us men in line.

·
Super Moderator
19,480 Posts
I was oggling one of these at the store yesterday. They call it pistachio but I say it's Bianchi green - celeste. I already have a mixer - a crappy one. Would this be frivolous? :confused:

ps. I don't own a Bianchi

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
il sogno said:
I was oggling one of these at the store yesterday. They call it pistachio but I say it's Bianchi green - celeste. I already have a mixer - a crappy one. Would this be frivolous? :confused:

ps. I don't own a Bianchi
Buy it now, you won't regret it.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
The The said:
What does an egg cooker do that a pot of boiling water and an egg timer won't?
Poach eggs.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
snapdragen said:
No. I've never had eggs benedict.

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
wayneanneli said:
They add colour and humour to the lounge and just keep us men in line...
...and you friend, add too many letter "u"s! ;)

·
Frog Whisperer
40,878 Posts
i thunk that a poached egg was one you took out of season?

·
Frog Whisperer
40,878 Posts
The The said:
I recall doing this quite easily with a saucepan full of boiling water, but hey, the world's a crazy place. ;)
yeah us too...we got this new-fangled thing in our kitchen. You turn a knob on the front and the is a fire on the top...it make it so easy to boil water!

oh yeah to the Celeste kitchen aid.....KOOL...cause I DO own a Bianchi....BUT.......I hope for 2 things...one that the paint is better than Bianhi's and that it is was easier to match a touch up...I swear the guys making the Celeste....make it a different color every tim they mix it! I Painted my daughters 40 yr old Kitchen aid mixer with GM Engine orange paint....it is BEAUTIFUL....and tough as nails...heat and oil resistant!

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
The The said:
I recall doing this quite easily with a saucepan full of boiling water, but hey, the world's a crazy place. ;)
Doesn't poaching mean using non-boiling water? I know, I'm doing tetrapilatomy here...;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts