Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given a Streamliner rack in 2008 to go on my Roubaix which doesn't have braze-ons. While riding a few days ago the "rack to brake caliper bridge" snapped just above the brake caliper bolt. There was nothing on the rack except my folded up windbreaker. Axiom tells you to go to a dealer and have them look up parts for your stuff, which I did at LL Bean but the part could not be found anywhere in their catalog. I contacted the company several ways, including posting on their facebook page and their official "support" page. Zero response. I have had on occasion contacted other big companies directly and found them quite eager to help a customer. I have dropped a few dimes Axioms way over the years, no more.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Didn't want to leave this note hanging without mentioning the follow up. Days after I had posted here, facebook and on their own website Axiom finally reached out to me. They apologized profusely and basically said my complaint fell through the cracks. This was 2 days before my 3 day charity ride. Meanwhile my brother (a machinist) worked with the piece of aluminum that was left and I was at least able to have the rack for the ride. Axiom did overnight the piece, which is now stainless steel rather than aluminum, and that was nice. A nice shout out to Axiom for taking care of a customer but should be a little more attentive in the future in the communication department.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.