Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
mikey_mike said:
How can you justify the difference in pricing of these two models from Seven? Btw I've narrowed down my frame choice to these two in particular thanks...
You can't justify it by the weight savings - You'll never notice the 1/4 - 1/2 lb difference in frame weight on the road. According to my dealer, the advantage of the Axiom is that Seven's got a lot more tubing choices to play with in dialing in your frame's ride characteristics. The larger you are (I'm not!), the better the more limited selection of Alaris tubes will work.

Good luck!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I am, ahem, a clydesdale...

so the only real option for me was the Alaris. In a way I was disappointed (at first), but the bike is just amazing. It rides exactly like I requested, and I couln't be happier. I have a friend with an Axiom, and other than the stickers you can't tell the difference in looking at them.

Thumbs up for the Alaris.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Howdy, I have the Alaris SG, received in May '06, and have been living on it, doing 7 days/wk on this. Every day I love it more and more. I weigh 180 now, 3 months ago I was over 2 bills, no kidding. I can't imagine butting would have made a lick of difference. My steed rides like butter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.