Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't built up a frame in a long time and I'm wondering if a Seven Evergreen frame built in the last year or so with an Enve fork will have a dropout designed for a 12x142mm thru axle in the rear and 15x100mm front thru axle. I don't have the frame available to measure it and I don't see this listed in the frame specs so I'm wondering if this is just the new standard.

I'm looking at a used pair of DT Swiss hubs with those measurements and I'm wondering if they'd fit the frame.

rear dropout

fork dropout

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'm looking at an auction for some DT Swiss hubs that ends before I can contact Seven, but it appears that unless I am mistaken DT Swiss offers conversion parts that will make the hubs fit regular QR dropouts, which is what it looks like these are.

·
I love to climb!
2,045 Posts
That's standard qr. Front will be 9x100, rear 10x130 (standard qr for mtb is same front, 10x135 rear.) You'll use standard qr levers. No thru axles.

·
I love to climb!
2,045 Posts
Oh, and I do believe you can get different end caps for most DT hubs (Maybe all) to convert them from thru able to qr. (Except not sure about rear - might only convert 12x142 to 10x135 qr, and not to 10x130)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts