Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i searched...found a couple threads about this aztec vibe wrap from a couple years ago, most of which said they'd post up their results after long-term testing. wellllll, seen as how the aztec section is missing from the review section, and the threads i found hadn't been bumped in 4 years, i'm wondering if it's a sound investment to get the vibe wrap for a commuter bike.

·
Satanic Watch Winder
4,839 Posts
You lose a lot of the padding from Vibe Wrap when you wrap the bars tight enough so your bar tape doesn't slip. Try Bike Ribbon Gel (medium). I cut it into sections for a customized fit. Bike Tires Direct has it.

·
Registered
620 Posts
All I can tell you...

...is that it works like a charm for me. I got two Titus Oseos from Colorado Cyclist last year, they wrapped both sets of bars with Aztec Vibe Wrap, and it works just great for me...

·
Registered
436 Posts
old_fuji said:
well, i searched...found a couple threads about this aztec vibe wrap from a couple years ago, most of which said they'd post up their results after long-term testing. wellllll, seen as how the aztec section is missing from the review section, and the threads i found hadn't been bumped in 4 years, i'm wondering if it's a sound investment to get the vibe wrap for a commuter bike.
I've used it. I like the feel of a thicker diameter bar. However, taking the aztec wrap off the bar is a real pain in the ass. I now use the Fizik polymer padding and bar wrap which I much prefer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts