Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd try something different riding home from work today.

Not sure what I think but it was different.

It was a nice clear evening but a bit cold. Miss M wanted to ride till dark so that is what we did.

·
Non non normal
10,092 Posts
Did you black and white them on the computer?

None of these flipped my switch like your pictures usually do. I think taking black and white pics takes such a different mindset than color. Often times the color is the main thing that really sets the picture off while black and white relies on the subject and the contrast. This opinion is coming from a camera idiot so take it with a grain of salt. You gotta do some more black and white.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
I absolutely love the 3rd to last picture. I agree that they don't look like your normal pics but that one is fabulous. The shadows and the lines in the picture are amazing.

·
Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
What are those doohickeys on your down tube? If they are shifters, I really think you should wait until this "freewheel" thing has a chance to prove itself. I mean you don't want to go jumping on every new fad.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They do wreck the nice clean lines of a bike.

jplatzner said:
What are those doohickeys on your down tube? If they are shifters, I really think you should wait until this "freewheel" thing has a chance to prove itself. I mean you don't want to go jumping on every new fad.
Actually I am trying to get used to riding geared again, after a few thousand miles fixed shifting is odd but fun.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the camera.

bigrider said:
Did you black and white them on the computer?

None of these flipped my switch like your pictures usually do. I think taking black and white pics takes such a different mindset than color. Often times the color is the main thing that really sets the picture off while black and white relies on the subject and the contrast. This opinion is coming from a camera idiot so take it with a grain of salt. You gotta do some more black and white.
Just fooling around with a new look. I won't give up my old look, just adding to it.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes that is Miss M.

northcoast said:
I really like the last one. I take it that it's MissM streaking through there?
Since she wears a yellow jacket the blur would likely be more noticeable in color but I kind of liked the Blair Witch Project look of the shot.

·
Registered
485 Posts
MB1 said:
Since she wears a yellow jacket the blur would likely be more noticeable in color but I kind of liked the Blair Witch Project look of the shot.
It is definitely a little "Blair Witch Project". Nice.

·
Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
I like the one with the flag and also the one with the bundled kids.

Randy: I can't put my arms down!
Mother: Well... put your arms down when you get to school.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
I always like black and white

So, got to admit that it doesn't take much to make me happy. But, I think these are far above that point anyhow. I like the mini-Washington Monuments. Pretty nice. Blair Witch effect is interesting also.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've loaded up the Hasselblad with B&W film (tri-x).

Ready for some good photo opps but boy that thing is a hassle ( :D ) to carry around. Still the image quality can't be beat.

·
N. Hollywood, CA
754 Posts
speaking of BW film...

MB1 said:
Ready for some good photo opps but boy that thing is a hassle ( :D ) to carry around. Still the image quality can't be beat.
We were recently charged $20 to develop and print a 36 roll of BW, 35mm, TMax I think. Can't imagine how much you pay for medium format. Suddenly digi is making economic sense... but I resist!

·
Registered
32 Posts
B&W off the beaten path

May be of interest to the photographers here.

http://www.eteel.com/blog/

MB1 said:
I thought I'd try something different riding home from work today.

Not sure what I think but it was different.

It was a nice clear evening but a bit cold. Miss M wanted to ride till dark so that is what we did.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts