Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
half-fast
7,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have lived through week 2 of working at the beach (Avalon NJ - not the house in the first pic... lots humbler, but for sale for about a million 3, in case you're interested). We eat like kings, and drink like 'em, too. The crabs are from the trap we bought last week, so they get cheaper with each meal (2 meals so far).

The seagulls eat OK, too. Lousy camera phone pic is of a seagull eating a blue crab. Later in the week he came and ate most of a fish right in front of us, too. I have no idea how the mechanics of that works. The fish was larger than the nominal o.d. of the seagull's neck.

·
half-fast
7,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Avalon and Stone Harbor are bike-tolerant, I guess, but they are kind of preachy.

It is a pretty place, though.

It is easy to see where the prevailing wind blows... check out the juniper.

·
half-fast
7,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No ride this morning. I had no interest in loading a wet bike and gear on top of a bunch of wet clothes and tools - we had a few things to get done this am, and worked in the rain for a while.

Closed ramp from storm damage - Sunday and Monday were pretty rough around those parts, I guess.

Where I worked.

On the way home, there was a roadside stand with the first berries of the season. Pretty good, but $5 a quart. Still, it's worth it for the first beries of the season.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.