Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mess O'Potamist
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a new baby and a new job in the last 6 months my bike commuting went from 3-4 days a week to once in 5 months. The dust has settled a bit and I finally got in the first of many subsequent commutes.

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
YuriB said:
After a new baby and a new job in the last 6 months my bike commuting went from 3-4 days a week to once in 5 months.....
Life sure can get in the way of life, can't it! OTOH these both sound good.

YuriB said:
....... The dust has settled a bit and I finally got in the first of many subsequent commutes.
Sounds real good.

BTW how do you like that light?

·
Mess O'Potamist
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MB1 said:
Life sure can get in the way of life, can't it! OTOH these both sound good.
Indeed they are - particularly the baby part.

MB1 said:
BTW how do you like that light?
I love it! 4 AA so if it dies when I'm out riding I can easily pick up new batteries. I use rechageables but the Lithium AAs in it last pretty long and are bright as all get out.

·
Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
Nice pics and congrats. It looks even drier there than in Colorado.

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Dumb question, but which brand light is it?

Also, all the time off was the curse all of us high country people threw at you due to your constantly rideable weather when the rest of us were freezing our a$$es off! :)

It's funny how cubes all look so familar. Your computer and book shelf are aligned the same way mine are. Scarey.

·
Mess O'Potamist
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ridgetop said:
Dumb question, but which brand light is it?

Also, all the time off was the curse all of us high country people threw at you due to your constantly rideable weather when the rest of us were freezing our a$$es off! :)

It's funny how cubes all look so familar. Your computer and book shelf are aligned the same way mine are. Scarey.
Dinotte Light - 200L-AA-S
Yea, now we're going to envy you high country folks as we watch the temp. climb from our cubicle farms :D

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Thanks for the light info. I like the size of it. I've been wanting to get one of their blinding tail lights also.

Yeah, I don't think I could handle your daytime temps coming this summer. Although, I love your night ride reports.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,062 Posts
Ridgetop said:
Thanks for the light info. I like the size of it. I've been wanting to get one of their blinding tail lights also.
I have their taillight ... it is truly awesome.

Welcome back to the fold, Yuri!

·
N. Hollywood, CA
754 Posts
Good job Yuri! I'm also back in the saddle after 5 months off with a new baby. It's all about perspective. Now I appreciate a 5-mile grocery shopping ride more than when I was grinding out centuries...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.