Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a semester abroad without my bike i am finally getting back on the bike and out on the roads. The only problem is i feel alot stiffer than i used to on the bike, ie. the drops are not very comfortable and over all riding just isnt as pleasant. I was curious if there were any stretches i could do that would help me feel comfortable when im in the drops. It feels like my back is tight and im straining it when i go down, also my neck feels a bit stiff because of the new angles. Thanks for all your feedback.

David.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Core...

fujinator said:
After a semester abroad without my bike i am finally getting back on the bike and out on the roads. The only problem is i feel alot stiffer than i used to on the bike, ie. the drops are not very comfortable and over all riding just isnt as pleasant. I was curious if there were any stretches i could do that would help me feel comfortable when im in the drops. It feels like my back is tight and im straining it when i go down, also my neck feels a bit stiff because of the new angles. Thanks for all your feedback.

David.
The key to being comfortable is both saddle time and core strength. Work on the abs and lower back muscles and building those back up, as those are the ones that keep you upright while riding. I think a few weeks back on the bike, and you'll be just fine. As far as stretches, anything that can loosen and work the lower back would be good.You just need to get used to riding again is all. It's a weird position if you don't do it a lot. Your muscles will re-adjust, and probably quick.

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
magnolialover,

Thanks for the advice, ill just get back on the bike--once all this snow clears up!

Cheers.

David

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
As for the stretching, Bob Anderson's book, "Stretching," has 16 cycling specific stretches, as well as stretch routines for other sports. Highly recommend the book. It's $16.95.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.