Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from essentially seven weeks at sea. There was a weekend in port stuck in there but I worked through it so I'm not counting it. Did a little NNCing for 32 miles and it sucked. Heading out again in the morning, I'll keep doing it until it hurts less.

Went shopping for creature comforts, new pillow cases, pillow covers, towels, stuff that gets destroyed in the ship's laundry. Shopped for new music, I had it down to three choices for a new CD, Patriotic Country Song Collection, Justin Bieber, and the new Iron Maiden. I got the Iron Maiden, it's awesome. The other two were never really in the running, just a way to justify a guilty pleasure.

It's good to be back.

·
sometimereader
1,202 Posts
Good to hear from you.

Aren't you getting close to being permanently land based? That would surely help your cycling (and maybe other activities).

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,883 Posts
Welcome back.

Is it going to be strange, to be all but done with being at sea? I struggle to imagine what living that large a portion of my life on the water would be like.

Wait. You were close to paying money for Justin Bieber?

I'm frightened.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Ah Bill....with your wry sense of humor. Iron Maiden indeed.....so how do you like Justin's latest?

·
Ricardo Cabeza
19,731 Posts
welcome back! being offshore for that long can suck

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did some more NNCing today up the SoCal coast. Now I'm at a friends house doing a metric ass-ton of laundry while hanging out next to his algae farm (pool).

I bought the Iron Maiden. A pox on all those who even think I would buy anything remotely pop.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
bigbill said:
Did some more NNCing today up the SoCal coast. Now I'm at a friends house doing a metric ass-ton of laundry while hanging out next to his algae farm (pool).

I bought the Iron Maiden. A pox on all those who even think I would buy anything remotely pop.
We believe you Bill. Really. We do.

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
bigbill said:
A pox on all those who even think I would buy anything remotely pop.
Cause you torrented it a few weeks ago, right? :wink:

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
Welcome back...

Please identify the loungers in this picture.

·
It's not TOO Cold!
2,498 Posts
Welcome back! And thanks for what you do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts