Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,882 Posts
hah. That wins for two reasons. I tried to post that earlier, got frustrated by failing to make it an image, and quit. Then you post it, but also as a link. Salvation!

Picture of Millar and Simoni wasn't quite that bad, but still funny.

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
I've went back to look at that pic four times today. It's hard fathom how big he is next to that bike. It looks like the picture has been doctored. It's just bazar. He's like that giant villan from that old James Bond movie. Look how big his feet are. Look at how small those wheels look next to him.

·
i like whiskey
8,405 Posts
TurboTurtle said:
Maggie is my favorite. He and I are the same size (although he looks like he's lost significant weight). It was great for all of us Clydedale's when he won Paris-Roubaix. I always cheer for the big boys of the peloton.

There's a woman racer around here that is barely 5' tall. She rides a custom built Seven. It looks like the TT is welded directly to the downtube. That bike looks very similar. If it's a 50cm, I'd be surprised. DiLuca must be very short.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Danilo is reportedly 5'6", 134 lbs - not that small for a euro pro.

Maggie might as well break away and try to win alone because he sure isn't going to get much draft off a the usual small breakaway group guys.

·
Registered
656 Posts
i used to think that my big feet looked funny on the ends of my long legs....but this? this is just cartoonish. if he ever wore flip-flops (which i doubt, given the weather near the arctic circle), the "slapslapslap" would deafen every person within a mile or so of where he was walking.

·
Registered
727 Posts
thats crazy, but still not as bad as 'crosser ryan terbon. check out how he makes this 26' mtb wheel look like a bmx wheel!

·
Registered
26 Posts
magnus' height

how tall is magnus? he looks like he must be 6'4" or something.

terzo rene said:
Danilo is reportedly 5'6", 134 lbs - not that small for a euro pro.

Maggie might as well break away and try to win alone because he sure isn't going to get much draft off a the usual small breakaway group guys.

·
Registered
317 Posts
cmatcan said:
thats crazy, but still not as bad as 'crosser ryan terbon. check out how he makes this 26' mtb wheel look like a bmx wheel!
The owner of my LBS is/was Ryan's mechanic. It's even more impressive in person. You should see his cross frame. I can barely get my leg over it and I'm 5'10.

·
Registered
727 Posts
innergel said:
193cm = 6'5"
90kg = 198lbs
sweet, thanks nerd. jk. but in all seriousness, i didnt know he was that big!! i thought maybe 6'3, 180. the fact that he is so fast while weighing 50 pounds more than a lot of the peleton says something about his power!!!! the wind resistance has gotta suck too. i'm 6'3, 170 lbs and consider myself a pretty big rider. good to know some big guys are kickin' arse.

·
i like whiskey
8,405 Posts
cmatcan said:
sweet, thanks nerd. jk. but in all seriousness, i didnt know he was that big!! i thought maybe 6'3, 180. the fact that he is so fast while weighing 50 pounds more than a lot of the peleton says something about his power!!!! the wind resistance has gotta suck too. i'm 6'3, 170 lbs and consider myself a pretty big rider. good to know some big guys are kickin' arse.
Hincapie is 6'3" and 175, same as you. Backstedt used to be closer to 215lbs a year or two ago. Obviously he dropped some weight. You know he can generate some serious power if he can ride at that level being 70-80lbs more than some of the other guys. I don't think he'd ever be mistaken for a climber, but he can certainly motor on the flats.

I'm 6'5" and 225lbs, so I can relate to Big Maggie.

·
Registered
727 Posts
george is indeed a big guy like myself. his bike was put together at the bikeshop where i work when he was in town for a charity ride with lance. it was a size 62-he wasnt showing much post, but it was still pretty dang big, and it was very stretched out. my trek is only a 60, but i show a bit more post. reach-wise, its a better fit for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts