Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bacon has reached out to exact its revenge in the form of Swine Flu.

http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/

Remember to was your hands and please cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing you plague carriers. That is all!

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
jupiterrn said:
Bacon has reached out to exact its revenge in the form of Swine Flu.

http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/

Remember to was your hands and please cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing you plague carriers. That is all!
That website was the hit of the night at work last night. Everyone who entered my office asked about swine flu and I pulled that site up several times to give them more info.

And bacon already has a means of revenge...it's called cholesterol. :D

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lets_ride said:
And bacon already has a means of revenge...it's called cholesterol. :D
I know but the first 2 patients of the day come in wanting to be tested for Swine Flu because of the news last night :mad2: so I figured I would let folks get it from the source the news is messing it up with.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
You will be glad to know that I skipped the bacon with breakfast this morning.

I had ham instead!

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,231 Posts
And now the news is going to fear-monger this into becoming a near panic. They are so good at herding the sheeples.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
robdamanii said:
And now the news is going to fear-monger this into becoming a near panic. They are so good at herding the sheeples.
24 hour news cycle, gots to be filled wiff sumptin.

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,231 Posts
jupiterrn said:
24 hour news cycle, gots to be filled wiff sumptin.
Can't we just have photos of Ali Larter and Beyonce?

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
robdamanii said:
It fits the agenda. :rolleyes:

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
I think teh Conficker virus is teh source

This morning, Good Morning America described the swine flu to be spreading at "lightning speed around the globe". I can understand the CDC's precautionary stance, but the panic inducing media hype is pure BS!

In the US, there are 35,000 flu related deaths each year. This flu presents itself to be no more powerful than the average ones we experience here.
So, let's all PANIC!

Fear sells. It sells better than anything else. News is now more about what sells than responsible journalism.

I believe that we are so used to our fear injections, that we are now addicted to it. Think about it....

Here's a book I'm looking forward to reading:
The Science of Fear: Why We Fear the Things We Shouldn't--and Put Ourselves in Greater Danger

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Tig said:
This morning, Good Morning America described the swine flu to be spreading at "lightning speed around the globe". I can understand the CDC's precautionary stance, but the panic inducing media hype is pure BS!

In the US, there are 35,000 flu related deaths each year. This flu presents itself to be no more powerful than the average ones we experience here.
So, let's all PANIC!

Fear sells. It sells better than anything else. News is now more about what sells than responsible journalism.

I believe that we are so used to our fear injections, that we are now addicted to it. Think about it....

Here's a book I'm looking forward to reading:
The Science of Fear: Why We Fear the Things We Shouldn't--and Put Ourselves in Greater Danger

I like how it adds the line at the end of the title "and put ourselves in greater danger". Just sayin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.