Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
swervy jervy
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm looking for some very aggressive tires for steep, loose conditions. In the 32-35 size range. Not going to be raced, bite is the factor, not weight.

Anyone out there have a recommendation or two?

Thanks very much.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have worn out a set of the pink IRD Crossfires this winter. I ride lots of easy single track, fire roads and the pavement to get there. No racing on these. Really grippy in pretty much all conditions, shed mud pretty well, kind of slow. They have a good feel. Next up the Racing Ralphs.

·
swervy jervy
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
crank it said:
I have worn out a set of the pink IRD Crossfires this winter. I ride lots of easy single track, fire roads and the pavement to get there. No racing on these. Really grippy in pretty much all conditions, shed mud pretty well, kind of slow. They have a good feel. Next up the Racing Ralphs.

That's cool. Slow is okay. I just want them for bombing trails. I'll race on something else in the autumn.

Do you have a picture you could post ??

·
Registered
268 Posts
The Redline Kenda Kross Supreme are about as aggressive as you'll get and also roll really well on hardpack or asphalt. They can be found for very reasonable prices. The wire beads, which I have, do not corner well and need to be run at higher than average pressures.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,528 Posts
I have a pr and you are right but they absolutely suck when it comes to clearing mud. Racing Raplhs will be my next pr of back-ups. (I run Grifo's normally)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.