Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I buy a road bike about a month ago in Baltimore area ( I go to University of Delaware). I bought a computer for it, and some other stuff for it. But, the thing is, Ive only rode the darn thing three times since I got it because either A. Im busy with school work, or B. whenever I do have free time, the weather is horrendous. I ride my other bike (MTB) to class because i dont want my new road bike to get messed up. When i bought this bike i wanted to phase out the MTB but it seems to come back and haunt me. What is with this new bike bad weather or lots of work?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
Mt Bikes are fine, maybe even better that road bikes in some ways, for short commutes. They can take a beating. IMO/IME road bikes are for when you want or need to go relatively far and fast. I use a road bike to commute, because I work 12 mi. from home. If I lived a mile or 2 away, I wouldn't be so fussy. I just but some beater that I didn't care about. Thirty two miles a day, 4-5 days per week calls for some real transportation. That's where road bikes really shine. Just my $.02.

·
30 mpdb
1,001 Posts
seanfish22 said:
ok so I buy a road bike about a month ago in Baltimore area ( I go to University of Delaware). I bought a computer for it, and some other stuff for it. But, the thing is, Ive only rode the darn thing three times since I got it because either A. Im busy with school work, or B. whenever I do have free time, the weather is horrendous. I ride my other bike (MTB) to class because i dont want my new road bike to get messed up. When i bought this bike i wanted to phase out the MTB but it seems to come back and haunt me. What is with this new bike bad weather or lots of work?
I hear you on that. Bought my first road bike late last summer and just started to put some decent time on it. Was in the same mess you're going through about 2-3 weeks ago to present. Now, 1 week left of school and it will be smooth sailing after that. Can't wait to hit the trails too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Get a trainer. I know its not the same, but when classes start getting crazy and my only freetime comes at 10 or 11 at night, i hop on the trainer. It sucks, but its better than not gettig any time on the bike. Summer's almost here man.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts