1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Regardless of how Bahati went down, to wait 'til the pack comes around again and then throw something at a rider is unacceptable. It's ridiculous. Afterward his attitude seemed to be "fine, suspend me." Maybe the suspension should be long enough to make him think twice next time.

·
Administrator
13,032 Posts
From the better reports, he was doing these insane moves to try and break into a team's train because he wanted to win badly (his team lost a ride to a training incident with a car). He caused a crash doing so. He then intentionally threw an object into the race from the sidelines and caused another incident.

He is facing a LONG suspension and fine. Maybe he would be better off in the team car (after his suspension is done).

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
waldo425 said:
So he crashed and is now out a pair of glasses?

Can't tell in the video what happened. Just saw him crash.
I wish the video wasn't shaky, but it is otherwise good quality. I watched the first few seconds a bunch of times. You can see the UHC-M rider veering sharply to the right until Bahati crashed.

·
Team Tom's
1,880 Posts
Infini said:
I wish the video wasn't shaky, but it is otherwise good quality. I watched the first few seconds a bunch of times. You can see the UHC-M rider veering sharply to the right until Bahati crashed.
Yeah, and to top that off, it looks like the same UHC rider is soft-pedaling and then once he realizes the deed is done he gets out of the saddle and sprints back up to the front. It certainly does not look like any accident!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
JohnStonebarger said:
Regardless of how Bahati went down, to wait 'til the pack comes around again and then throw something at a rider is unacceptable. It's ridiculous. Afterward his attitude seemed to be "fine, suspend me." Maybe the suspension should be long enough to make him think twice next time.
I completely agree with you! Okay, he was emotional due to the death of a teammate and that is understandable. He was also angry about going down and out of the race.

BUT...you don't throw things from the sidelines. I've taken silly penalties on the field, but I've never thrown something from the box, bench, sidelines. That is out of line. In all sports there are limits and throwing your sunnies from the side is in fact quite ridiculous, as you write John.

And, is the resident Grammar Cop around?

A lot of folks tend to say/write "you'll crash someone," he "gets crashed out," "You'll crash the group by doing that"...is this the proper usage of crash?

I crashed.
He crashed because of heavy rain.

But...can you crash somebody else? Yeah, you can cause them to crash, but can you just plain crash them? Seems grammatically incorrect to me. I know it is likely just cycling lingo, but I am curious.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
So, Bahati is #5, the crashee. Who is the crasher?

/ edit: the guy diving into Bahati's arm is Keough. If it was my call, he'd be the one getting a dq, fine, maybe suspension.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
nayr497 said:
But...can you crash somebody else? Yeah, you can cause them to crash, but can you just plain crash them? Seems grammatically incorrect to me. I know it is likely just cycling lingo, but I am curious.
The verb "to crash" is both transitive and intransitive.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Creakyknees said:
So, Bahati is #5, the crashee. Who is the crasher?

/ edit: the guy diving into Bahati's arm is Keough. If it was my call, he'd be the one getting a dq, fine, maybe suspension.
I assume followed up by a fine and suspension for Bahati for walking on the course and throwing objects into the pack. The both deserve a time out and loss of TV for the night.

·
Registered
46 Posts
32and3cross said:
I assume followed up by a fine and suspension for Bahati for walking on the course and throwing objects into the pack. The both deserve a time out and loss of TV for the night.
Actually I think they should give Bahati an award for not walking out on the course with a 2x4 and whacking Keough right off his bike and proceeding to smash his face in and making sure he never rides a bike again.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts