Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I call on the power of the Lounge. One of my high school classmates is up for an award. He is a police officer back where I grew up in IL and he was wounded in the line of duty. He is trying to become a finalist for America's Most Wanted All Stars. There are two weeks left to get him into the finals. Please take the time to read his brief bio and vote for him if you are so inclined. This is Illinois so vote early and vote often (you can only vote once a day).

http://www.amw.com/allstar/2009/nominee_detail.cfm?id=6155

Craig Peterson -
On April 16 around 5:30 p.m. the four police officers on duty in East Moline, IL started the chase after the mastermind of several armed robberies in the area. When one officer approached the suspect, the criminal fled, shooting as he ran. At that point Sergeant Peterson headed off the suspect on the street. He and the criminal faced off in a shoot out that left Sergeant Peterson with two gun shot wounds, one to the chest and one to the abdomen, and the criminal left dead on the road. The first officer proceeded to secure the criminal as neighbors poured into the streets. When the local people started to riot, Sergeant Peterson, suffering from blunt force trauma, detained another subject, held off the dangerous crowd and called for back up and ambulances for the dead and wounded. For this incident Sergeant Peterson was honored with the FOP Line of Duty Heroism Award, the PB/PA Officer of the Year, the Quad City Council of Police Chiefs Award for Courage and Bravery in the Line of Duty and the Illinois Chiefs Association of Chiefs of Police Medal of Valor.

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jupiterrn said:
I thought this was playmate of the year......I voted anyways.
That would be a different kind of stuffing. :blush2:

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
real stonie said:
Can you tell us about the other candidates?
Nope. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts