Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mavic Reflex, Am Classic hubs. <$120 USD. I am SET for the season. Just need "mud" tires and I'm ready to rock!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Kram, I think we both have a wheel problem. I just got 2 new pair of tubular rims to build up for this upcoming season.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,956 Posts
Kram said:
Mavic Reflex, Am Classic hubs. <$120 USD. I am SET for the season. Just need "mud" tires and I'm ready to rock!:thumbsup:
No pics? =fail.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yebbut I did it all for <$300. Wha-hoo! Piccies to follow, along with the other set I got. I now have only 2 pr of clinchers; training wheels for my roadie and wheels for my fixie/ss.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, really. I can't see spending big dinero on wheels that I'll beat the sh*t out of. Plus they weigh less than 1450 gms and won't break.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another set went an hr before on e-bay for less than $200. Just keep checking.

·
abominable slowman
1,072 Posts
Actually, a local racer told me last night that tubulars aren't so good around here (I'm out west now)...so I gotta do more research.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okey dokey. Finder's fee, m'kay? (I can be paid in beer.)

·
Administrator
13,009 Posts
shomyoface said:
How are the bearings?
If they're Am Classics, probably bad. Especially in the front- those are tiny from what I recall.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Guess I'll find out.....

·
Registered
813 Posts
Some people say that tubulars rock in Oregon, some say not. I say rock the tubulars.

llama31 said:
Actually, a local racer told me last night that tubulars aren't so good around here (I'm out west now)...so I gotta do more research.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Check e-bay. There were a couple of decent wheesets out there that were campy compatible-tubies, too.

·
Administrator
13,009 Posts
Kram said:
Guess I'll find out.....
Sealed bearings are cheap, so even if the front ones need replacing its not a huge deal.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Did one of you try and snipe those Neucleon tubulars from me off the 'bay? I got them for $250 but thats more than I thought they were worth. Oh well still cheaper than building a set of Record hubs and Reflex rims which is my other set of cx wheels.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts