Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well - this might be dangerous but I am going to post here for the first time.

Why dangerous?

Well - my friend is "x" and he was just banned from these forums.

Why you might ask?

well - the reason listed was "none"

and the ban would be lifted "never"

He told me he was never contacted by anyone and was banned without warning. No email - nothing.

Sound fair?

·
Registered
732 Posts
I am sure there is much more to the story than you are telling or more than you know.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
I no nothing about this forums banning procedures, but I am a moderator on another forum (not biking related) and no one is banned without cause and explanation.

I doubt your friends explanation.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Must have been baaaaaaad

they must have done something terrible to have been banned

been lurking hither and thither and decided to join so as to post as this alarmed me greatly

I am sure the admins here will tell us why one of us was banned without a single warning

AND

with the reason given as "none" and - "never" to have the ban lifted

Is this the dawning of a new age?
or perhaps a mistake?

Or perhaps someone ruffled someones personal feathers?

I am sure jzxracer will tell us more - unless - he / she was banned merely for asking why their friend was banned...

What happened?

Will the admins tell us?
Hey admins - why would you guys ban someone without a warning and without notice?
What is going on here?

·
Registered
19 Posts
well- no reply from the admins...

Still no reply from the admins - wonder why -

no further post from jzxracer either

I wonder if he was banned as well...that would have been pretty darn lightning fast...

I saw that Francois himself viewed this post not but a few minutes ago...

anyway- I think this post needs to be moved to the Lounge as it is not really cycling related...

no?

·
Registered
19 Posts
odd-

well- I was looking through the forums and I did not see any nasty threads recently so I am wondering what is going on...

Perhaps the forums are kicking people off for no reason because there is a software glitch?

Do you guys know if anyone else seems to have been banned?

I stil wonder if jzxracer was banned since he still has not replied to our questions...

this is really unsettling

I thought these forums were free and open for expression so this recent development is quite awful to contemplate

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
You're incorrect..

littlelamb said:
well- I was looking through the forums and I did not see any nasty threads recently so I am wondering what is going on...

Perhaps the forums are kicking people off for no reason because there is a software glitch?

Do you guys know if anyone else seems to have been banned?

I stil wonder if jzxracer was banned since he still has not replied to our questions...

this is really unsettling

I thought these forums were free and open for expression so this recent development is quite awful to contemplate
These forums are not free and for free expression. There are rules to posting in these forums, and if one doesn't follow them, you get banned, or warned first. I've found that I have personally stepped over the line a couple of times, and was warned by the mods, who all seem to genuinely not want to ban anyone if they can help it. If the originator of this post is actually a "friend" of the person who was banned, and not the ban-ee him or herself, I would be surprised. I don't think the mods on this board would ban anyone for no reason at all. But, even if they did, they can, it's their rules, and their site, and they can frankly do what they want to.

If you want total and free expression, head off to an unmoderated forum on the usenet somewhere. Then one can have all the free and unfettered expression that they want.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
If...

littlelamb said:
http://www.roadbikereview.com/guidelinescrx.aspx

of course I meant within the limits but I was wondering why the admins have not replied...

don't you think that is odd?

perhaps it is a forum glitch...

admins - set us straight here - was someone banned without reason?
If they did ban someone, you can be sure they won't discuss it here. Why? Because it is between the mods and that person.

If you are that person that was banned, they'll find out, and ban you again.

I don't think that it is odd. I don't think it was a forum glitch. It appears that the person stepped over the line, was banned, and that's it. There won't be any public discourse on it, because as I mentioned, I believe that would be between the person who was banned and the moderators. It's not public laundry.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
littlelamb said:
http://www.roadbikereview.com/guidelinescrx.aspx

of course I meant within the limits but I was wondering why the admins have not replied...

don't you think that is odd?

perhaps it is a forum glitch...

admins - set us straight here - was someone banned without reason?
What a weird whiny trolly thread.

I don't think it's odd at all - Odd would be if anyone actually DID reply to you.

My hunch? if someone checked the OP's IP and the banned party's IP, they'd be one and the same.

·
100% torqued
766 Posts
My hunch as well, I generally glance at trolls, chuckle and move on. I think I know which thread is gone, and find the name "littlelamb" to be all innocent and shy like gee I didn't know. Good stuff. This thread will be gone soon too. Preach on, you just can't help yourself.

·
Home Brew User!
2,810 Posts
All True

jzxracer said:
Well - this might be dangerous but I am going to post here for the first time.

Why dangerous?

Well - my friend is "x" and he was just banned from these forums.

Why you might ask?

well - the reason listed was "none"

and the ban would be lifted "never"

He told me he was never contacted by anyone and was banned without warning. No email - nothing.

Sound fair?
I feel for your friend. I too Am banned for life.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you are banned - how do you post?

Lifelover said:
I feel for your friend. I too Am banned for life.
That is odd - how are you posting if you are banned?
This just perked my curiousity as to how this board is run

I have been on many boards and this is the first one where the admins are so silent when questions like this are asked.

Oh well- I guess that is their style.

I am gonna go ride my bike now
:)

·
Home Brew User!
2,810 Posts
littlelamb said:
That is odd - how are you posting if you are banned?
:)
I sneak in while the Mods are busy banning other people. It keeps them pretty busy.

Like all programs there is a Back door password that will get you in even if you are banned.

Don't tell anyone but it's "Joshua".

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Lifelover said:
I sneak in while the Mods are busy banning other people. It keeps them pretty busy.

Like all programs there is a Back door password that will get you in even if you are banned.

Don't tell anyone but it's "Joshua".
the red crow flies at midnight...repeat...the red crow flies at midnight. that is all....:cool:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.