1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Menace to Society
627 Posts
SilverStar said:
Dan, check these out:
http://www.purelycustom.com/c-81-handlebar-end-caps.aspx

Made in the U.S. and everything!

As for lighted plugs, the two brands (including the Nashbar ones linked above) I've tried both suck -- the innards easily separate from the body and they're also prone to moisture damage.

Those are SICK
Why didn't I come up with that one ?!?!?!? :mad2:

·
Menace to Society
627 Posts
Oh yeah and
I found some old shotgun shells by the roadside in Colorado once and the smaller one fit in the bar kinda cool with the gold part to the outside

·
Registered
14,776 Posts
I use something that I find functional

If I didn't want mirrors there, I think champagne corks would be the coolest, though I used to use good old Velox, the rubber ones with the screw tightener.

·
Squirrel Hunter
3,854 Posts
Purely Custom

SilverStar said:
Dan, check these out:
http://www.purelycustom.com/c-81-handlebar-end-caps.aspx

Made in the U.S. and everything!
We have a couple of their customized headset caps. You could get the bar end caps and match them to your headset cap and spacers.

On my bike the headset cap says: Kitty Slayer

On my sons track bike the headset cap says: Brakes are for Pussies

Silver Star - do you have a pair of their bar ends? Do they stay in well and not come loose?

·
Militant commuter
943 Posts
Keeping up with Junior said:
Silver Star - do you have a pair of their bar ends? Do they stay in well and not come loose?
No, I don't...but I have several other of their products (custom headset caps, spacers, a few waterbottle cages, etc.) and have been greatly impressed. I've wondered if their barends are secure -- maybe I'll order some and check out for myself!

·
Still On Steel
2,396 Posts
I used Wild Turkey corks for a while. The stopper portion was too small in diameter, but that just allowed me to fine-tune the fit with a few turns of electrical tape. I found that the 101 proof corks worked better than the 80 proof corks. Or at least it was more fun to, ah, obtain a pair for use on the bike ...

Now I use these expanding plugs from Nashbar. No lights, no carbon fiber, but they're cheap and they don't fall out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm a fan of the Zipp Carbon ones.... Light and stealthy.....

Mike

·
Low Idiot Tolerance
465 Posts
I just used some generic screw in ones and slapped some beer bottle caps over them, they snapped in place just fine.

Cool thing was, I could customise my bars to show the world what I was drinking that week.

Shotgun shells? Sweet lord... That reminds of a friends' shop where they were servicing some kids BMX. He had shotgun shells for bar end caps. When they prised them out with a screwdriver they found the shells were still live. They asked the kid how he pressed them in there. He said "Hit them with a hammer."

That sir, is one dumb f**king kid. Lucky too.

Grumps

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.