Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Note: This is the kind of thread that folks in The Lounge have a field-day with! But @#%$! them...

Cinelli Cork on the Bianchi (Celeste of course!).

Got a Fizik saddle for my Spec and will probably install the matching Fizik tape that came with it -
might add some padding before taping.

·
Not a rocket surgeon.
9,402 Posts
LostViking said:
Note: This is the kind of thread that folks in The Lounge have a field-day with! But @#%$! them...

Cinelli Cork on the Bianchi (Celeste of course!).

Got a Fizik saddle for my Spec and will probably install the matching Fizik tape that came with it - might add some padding before taping.

What?

Are you? By any chance?

·
Shirtcocker
60,640 Posts
Velo Orange leather...stuff feels great.

·
I didn't even own a cat..
594 Posts
I have SRAM tape on my steel bike and Cinelli on my CF bike. I really like the feel of Cinelli tape. It has a feel very much like the overgrips that I use on my tennis racquets. The SRAM tape does not have much cushion and feels a bit plastic-y imho. I have felt the Fizik and Deda tapes but they don't feel as good to me. I guess I need to try them before I rule them out.

·
Not a rocket surgeon.
9,402 Posts
MontyCrisco said:
OK I'm sorry to be clueless: what's the string stuff that Bocephus and Touch0Gray are using (instead of? on top of?) tape at the ends?
Twine. It can be had in hemp or waxed and it works very well. I use the black waxed with a syn leather cover. It looks great. My dad uses the hemp with cloth tape and coats it with shellac. Classic

·
Shirtcocker
60,640 Posts
A from Il said:
Twine. It can be had in hemp or waxed and it works very well. I use the black waxed with a syn leather cover. It looks great. My dad uses the hemp with cloth tape and coats it with shellac. Classic
I put some electrical tape below the hemp....just in case. Probably should shellac the hemp, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

·
Shirtcocker
60,640 Posts
pulser955 said:
No but I have some thin gell pads under my Fizik tape.
You can also cut up some trashed tubes and tape strips of that on for padding...gets a bit bulky though IMO.

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts

·
Good news everyone!
5,452 Posts
I was unaware that you could purchase padding to go under the tape. I have been looking for a solution to hand pain, maybe it would help. I have a cyst/tendon growth where my fingers meet my palm and it can be sensitive at times. I'm thinking the Fizik tape recommended in this thread plus some padding might work ok.

·
Frog Whisperer
41,018 Posts
I just finished up a set of syn Bontrager with hemp too.... Black, I was GOING to use red but I could only find the red in variety paks and would have needed 2 ....to the tune of 16 bucks for the hemp...NO WAY....if I'm paying that much for hemp..............never mind

·
that ain't chamois cream
645 Posts
A from Il said:
OMG, so awesome. The other lamers at the Tuesday night "B" crit are gonna be amazed! :p

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Jim311 said:
I was unaware that you could purchase padding to go under the tape. I have been looking for a solution to hand pain, maybe it would help. I have a cyst/tendon growth where my fingers meet my palm and it can be sensitive at times. I'm thinking the Fizik tape recommended in this thread plus some padding might work ok.
This is what I'm using and I'm happy with it.

http://www.rei.com/product/738104

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Jim311 said:
I was unaware that you could purchase padding to go under the tape. I have been looking for a solution to hand pain, maybe it would help. .......
I had hand problems years ago and wore every kind of gel glove (Spenco, etc), tried a Roubaix road fork, and every other solution without much success.

When Specialized came out with Body Geometry gloves, I tried them even though I thought they wouldn't work. But they did. Only glove I used since.

21 - 40 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.