Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Tricky job for a first-timer - looks sweet on your bike!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Cinelli Cork on my road bike. Fizik on my tri bike.

I want to experiment with the Fizik though. It stays clean and lasts for so long I want to love it. I might try the gel pads or double wrapping.

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
LostViking said:
Note: This is the kind of thread that folks in The Lounge have a field-day with! But @#%$! them...
WTF kind of comment is that? Great way to make friends around here!

·
Registered
96 Posts
lockwood1 said:
WOW a lot of Fizik Microtex fans out there. I used to be one of those but since I tried Lizard Skins DSP 1.8 handlebar tape I am not going back to Fizik. This tape just simply rule it has this cushion feel very, very nice and confortable too.:thumbsup:
yes, lizard skins dsp is the best!

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
rward325 said:
WTF kind of comment is that? Great way to make friends around here!
Great way to drop in on a thread 10 months later...Friend!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,981 Posts
I've had Fiz'ik soft touch, at least that's what I think it is, on one of my bikes. It has a suede feel to it. I like it very much, & it's lasted for 2 years and still looks great. It's black.
I bought a new Giant Defy Advanced in late spring & it came with white tape. Looked spiffy. I tried hard to keep it clean, but the Giant tape is some of the worst I've experienced. It's garbage, & I couldn't keep it clean, no matter what I tried.

I loved the way the white tape looked so I bought some Fiz'ik white tape. It's not the soft touch. It was a real PITA to wrap, partly because it's a little wide & will absolutely NOT stretch. I've had the new white tape on for over a month & have never cleaned it. That's amazing! The stuff just doesn't get dirty. It's white for God's sake. It should be filthy by now & it looks like the day I put it on.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I like Fizik Microtape and would have tried the dual colored except a guy on the Serotta forum developed a new leather tape that everyone raved about so I bought some. It looks and feels great and wears well also. I had the Fizik gel and kept that underneath the new Handlebra. Most others put hockey tape or whatever tape they have underneath the Handlebra for extra bulk and cushioning, but many use the Handlebra by itself.

http://handlebra.com/

·
Registered
55 Posts
fastfed said:
Do you guys wrap your own? Or is it better to have a shop do it?
Just do it yourself =P The first few wraps would be dreadful, but then you'll quickly get the hang of it.

Anyone else tried Fizik's soft touch microtex? The texture is really nice and luxurious, but I think there's something wrong about that feel for bartape. I prefer the normal microtex over the soft touch. Otherwise I just have normal cork tape on my other bikes.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.