tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
just got back to the office....looked quite uneventful based on the recap

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
vamosvelo said:
i think Barca had more chances per comments from the radio announcers
that's what it looked like. more shots, more shots on goal....i hope they whoop up on chelsea back in england....i should be able to make it to the pub to watch that one :thumbsup:

·
Chenqui'
21 Posts
i hope they do too. Its going to be tough though playing in Chelsea
then Blues goalie made some great saves
Tomorrows game should be better, i think

·
Le Misérable
4,374 Posts
Barca was definitely the superior team tonight, but beware: this is only the case because they kept Chelsea from getting too many chances to pierce what is the weakest defense left in the CL.

IM semi-professional O, Barca needed to score tonight to have much of a chance of advancing. My early line prediction: Chelsea -150 Draw +200 Barca +350.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
yeah, i think it's going to be tough next week....it depends on how chelsea reacts. they haven't exactly been stellar at home (um, liverpool anyone). i think barca's chance at a 1-1 win overall is pretty good.

now, tomorrow, i hope the gunners kick some man U arse....that is unless howard webb is officiating :rolleyes:

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Thank goodness I didn't wake up to watch the game.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
gunners totally escaped one there. 1-0 on a 3-0 performance...arsenal better come out strong next week.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
uzziefly said:
Thank goodness I didn't wake up to watch the game.
It actually was a pretty good game since it was basically watching Barca play the beautiful game and Chelsea sitting back and absorbing all the pressure.

OTOH, I thought the Man U/Arsenal game was pretty flat since Arsenal couldn't get anything going.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Dwayne Barry said:
It actually was a pretty good game since it was basically watching Barca play the beautiful game and Chelsea sitting back and absorbing all the pressure.

OTOH, I thought the Man U/Arsenal game was pretty flat since Arsenal couldn't get anything going.
Chelsea sat back and Hiddink of course, lied about wanting to attack.

I wanted Barca to win actually.

On the other hand, Arsenal were lucky indeed. Almunia is definitely their hero for the night at Old Trafford.

I was hoping United managed to beat him. Ronaldo did, but the crossbar was there. Giggs did, but was offside.

The return leg should be a scorcher IMO.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
uzziefly said:
The return leg should be a scorcher IMO.
it's going to be a great week of football next week. thank gawd my semester ends effectively tomorrow....woot. pub time on tuesday/wednesday

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
ampastoral said:
it's going to be a great week of football next week. thank gawd my semester ends effectively tomorrow....woot. pub time on tuesday/wednesday
I doubt I'd watch the Chelsea game nonetheless. I mean, sure, they HAVE to attack and not concede. But, I think it's going to be a boring game. At least, I know the Arsenal vs. United game would be good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts