Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
On your left!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are still some barn finds out there. I stumbled across a few this week. Sadly I neither have the time or $$ for these kinds of projects...

This week I spotted:

Ford Falcon
Ford Torino, based on the hood, possibly a big block lurking there...
Mercury Comet, 70's style
Ford Bronco, late 60's or early 70's style with 289 badge so most likely late 60's?

Got some pics of the two I saw this morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
289 badge would indicate 1967 or earlier. 68 saw the introduction of the 302.

The Falcon has too many doors. :). I had a friend with a 2 door falcon restomoded with a stroked 351 in it. It was very cool.

Torino?..."Get off of my lawn" :)

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
289 badge would indicate 1967 or earlier. 68 saw the introduction of the 302.

The Falcon has too many doors. :). I had a friend with a 2 door falcon restomoded with a stroked 351 in it. It was very cool.

Torino?..."Get off of my lawn" :)
Great movie!

Op, my barn had a 1969 VW Beetle for a Bunch of years. I bought it for a dollar in 1981! It ran. I found a quarter and a roach clip in the glove box so I always figured I was ahead...

·
Boobies!
8,170 Posts
Best one we found was when I was in my late teens, and shopping for a daily driver with my older brother. We were sports car nuts, faithful readers of Car and Driver (best car mag then), and had an eye for the exotic/fun, and that led us to follow up on a newspaper ad for an unmolested MG TC.

Even by the early '70s they were collectable (although a little quaint), and this thing really was in a barn, mice had nested in the seats and eaten the upholstery, chickens had crapped on it, etc. $1500, original paint, all the parts were there, still had the original tires on the thing.

We had to leave it, because we needed transportation--not a project--but it was the best deal I think I am likely to run across.

There's a fun book (not the best written) called 'The Cobra in the Barn'--full of tales of folks finding their 'grail' car.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
I love to look but know better than to take one on... there's a "barn finds" page on fb that I love to follow

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
My dad was a career chopper pilot, and car nut. His father was car nut as well stunt car driver in traveling shows, with cousin who won Indy 500. Dad said how many times he'd fly over gems you couldn't see from the road. He owned so many cars there were also always the "one that got away stories" and there were some great cars, but I've asked him to not tell me about the Shelby Cobra anymore. Said he was pulled over by State Trooper, who said no ticket if you me drive it.

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
9 years ago I made my own cool barn find - a BJ8 Healey.

Now it's in MY garage waiting for me to finish my convertible so I can get started on it.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,425 Posts
I once "found" a Farmer's daughter in a barn.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I always stop by garage sales in my neighborhood. Hoping to find that epic 1970's Colnago that's been ridden once or something, but it's always random Wal-Mart bikes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts