Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living in Denver I train a lot on the front range. Thus I experience serious changes in altitude and temp. When I know it is going to be relatively cold up high, I'll wear a long sleeve UnderArmour cold gear base layer. This has not proven to be a good idea as it holds moisture (sweat) and makes for a very unenjoyable experience. Anyone have any suggestions for multi-temp baselayers that will need to pull duty in the 40s but also not kill me in the mid to high 70s? What about Craft???

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
for my base layer I'll only wear short sleaved or no sleaved. Cold weather brings out the vest or jacket. Toward the top of a climb, open the jersey to dry out your base layer the last few clicks. Also a thin pair of flece gloves that fit over regular gloves are great for the chilly descents...
I don't think any one brand of base layer is superior to another its just how you use them...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.