Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw the thread for wearing the jersey under or over the bib, which turned out to be quite a funny thread.

but this one is serious. i wear mine under my bib, because i don't like the bib straps against my skin.

my friend wears them over so when he takes off his jersey he doesn't look like a wrestler.

How do you wear yours? any reason why?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Under.

I figure if I need a base layer, I need it next to my skin to retain the heat, so I tuck it right down into my bib-shorts. Also, the base layer I have is long and I don't want it coming out from under the hem of my jersey. That just looks bad.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Base layer goes under the bib. That's what it's made for. Plus, some of these are fairly long, and might otherwise be sticking out from under the jersey, or crumple up and look messy.

What's wrong with wrestlers anyway?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
You friend might need to reevaluate his relationship with bibs. Looking like an old timey strong man is easily one of the top 3 reasons to wear bibs in the first place.
^^This! My now-wife, then-girlfriend laughed for hours the first time she saw me get ready for a ride. She kept saying I looked like an all-star wrestler or old timey strong man. I did the (not so) sexy strip tease for her with the bibs when I got back and she laughed even longer.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
The answers here are coming from individual perspectives (this is to be expected).
From my end it depends on the individual base layer.

I don't have long base layers, I also don't want to have to play the smooth out the base layer game under the bibs. Bibs fit me just fine and don't bother my shoulders.
I don't want to have to strip down to take a piss, I like being able to unzip jersey, pull base layer shirt up, pull bibs down in front, take care of business and move on.

PS I don't tuck my undershirt into my drawers either.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
^^This! My now-wife, then-girlfriend laughed for hours the first time she saw me get ready for a ride. She kept saying I looked like an all-star wrestler or old timey strong man. I did the (not so) sexy strip tease for her with the bibs when I got back and she laughed even longer.
Mine too. I still do it but now I get the eye roll. It's especially sexy when I unzip my jersey to just above my belly button and stroll around the house. My next idea is to step it up a level by adding a really cheesy diamond cut chain and some kind of gold pendant.

I don't ever actually ride a bike, it's too tiring.

·
Burn baby, burn.
2,497 Posts
The answers here are coming from individual perspectives (this is to be expected).
From my end it depends on the individual base layer.

I don't have long base layers, I also don't want to have to play the smooth out the base layer game under the bibs. Bibs fit me just fine and don't bother my shoulders.
I don't want to have to strip down to take a piss, I like being able to unzip jersey, pull base layer shirt up, pull bibs down in front, take care of business and move on.

PS I don't tuck my undershirt into my drawers either.

Ummmmmm ...........WTF????
How does wearing your base layer as it is meant to be worn make you need to strip down for a piss??
You are doing something VERY wrong.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.