Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basso and Ullrich should stage a mini-race where the two go head-to-head.

Unofficial and totally unsanctioned by UCI, they should do a one-week race that includes prologue, two long time trials, two or three "easy" stages with some undulations and an uphill finish, and three tough mountain stages.

Maybe should invite Mancebo, Hamilton, Vino, Beloki, Heras, Contador, Nazal and other "rejects".

I would pay some good money to watch that race. I am sure a lot of people here would too. I invested a lot of time in "Ullrich vs. Basso" discussion. I need to know the answer. I don't care if they freeze their blood and reinject it later. Let's see who is the best rider - regardless of their preparation methods.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd go bigger. Why not run the tour with two rider categories side by side--doped and not.

Same prize money for each group, same route, etc. Folks who say they're doping don't get any testing. Folks who say they're clean are tested every day.

There would be clean and doping teams and individuals--and clean individuals need to be on clean teams.

How would each group do? Would there be 2 groups? Would fans and sponsors really care?

·
Registered
146 Posts
finchna said:
I'd go bigger. Why not run the tour with two rider categories side by side--doped and not.

Same prize money for each group, same route, etc. Folks who say they're doping don't get any testing. Folks who say they're clean are tested every day.

There would be clean and doping teams and individuals--and clean individuals need to be on clean teams.

How would each group do? Would there be 2 groups? Would fans and sponsors really care?
that would be awesome to see but just for fun start the dopers out 10 min after the clean group and see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.