Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will racing as a Cat-IV for the B-R. Has anyone on the forums raced in the B-R? How was the course. From what I read on the web-site (bikereg) it looks like it is going to be a tough race with some hills early on. What have your experiences been? Did you run a special set up for the dirt roads? I was thinking of going to a 25 instead of a 23. 55 miles is long for April in Upstate NY but who cares it looks like it is going to be a blast.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Battenkill Roubaix

I haven't done it personally but friends and teammates have. As far as I know they ran their usual setups as far as tires wheels, etc. and gearing appropriate for a hilly race.

wayne

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'm going to be racing as well. I don't know anyting about the course. Looks hilly. I was planning on using my regular setup, maybe I won;t put the nice wheels on...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wheels

I will be using the training wheelset for sure. It looks like it can be brutal on the wheels.

·
Registered
25 Posts
good race

i raced it last year. i used my regular set up, no fancy wheels. the course is great. lots of hills, fast descents, all the good stuff.

·
Registered
69 Posts
2005 cat5 winner was on a cross bike

Some of the dirt sections were dry and loose last year - it will depend 0n the weather. If it rains or is wet, look out! It was a fun race and I am looking forward to it again this year. I will be riding the winter training bike with smash and thrash wheels. Some big stones on the course, sure to nick up some paint and rims - but that adds character to the bike. My advice is be warmed up well, the hills hit early and hard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts